1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus Trade Up Event - E-M1X for $2,500

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ijm5012, Apr 29, 2019.

1. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Trade Up Trade In | Olympus

The event brings the price of the E-M1X down to a more palatable $2500 USD. Is it enough to push any fence-sitters over the edge?

I used this same deal to buy my first E-M1 II through Adorama, and I never even had to send the camera in. They just gave me a discount off the purchase price of the camera.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Canadians get a lesser deal; $500 discount in USD is $650+ CDN. We only get offered $500 CDN, $375 USD. Pretty sure I'll wait until the E-M1 iii comes out and the bottom falls out of E-M1X pricing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Some of the lens deals are decent as well. For example, you get the Olympus 12-100 f/4 for $999 - ask for a quote on a trade-in and get a coupon for $200. The 12-100 already has a $100 discount.

4. Dolphinjon

Dolphinjon Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2016
    Do I need to actually trade something in to get a coupon? Or just request a quote? I've got a busted E-M5 that I was thinking about using for the coupon for an E-M1II, but I don't really want to mail in a busted camera.

5. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Would Oly refurb better buys?

I know it's brand new vs refurb, but I don't see much of a difference with my refurb purchases from Oly

6. billca

billca Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2018
    Well, just requested a quote. Its all Olympus till you hit the send button then used pro photo logo comes up at the top of the page. Click that and you go to Roberts Camera in the U.S.
    I'm in Canada. Not feeling to confident right now but will wait and see what happens.

7. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2013
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Canadian retailers like Henry's, Kerrisdale cameras, etc... are participating in the trade up event too.
    Just go to your local dealer or their websites and you should get sorted. (E.g. an E-M1 mk2 currently has an instant rebate of CAD 200 and an trade up bonus of CAD 300 - plus the value of your trade-in)

It's not necessary to go through the getolympus website. It's just one of the options.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  8. billca

billca Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2018
    Thanks, No dealers near me. I'm not expecting too much for what I traded in. I'll be interested to see if I get the $200 coupon if I don't accept the quote.

9. Tilman Paulin

Jun 10, 2013
    Vancouver, B.C.
    You can do it with online shopping as well.

Eg. on Kerrisdale Cameras it's one of the rotating banners on the homepage.
    Couldn't find a link on Henry's website, but they're definitely participating too.

Maybe give your online dealer of choice a call to find out if they're taking part.
    (I've also seen an overview page of dealers on getolympus. There were quite a few Canadian dealers on it)

10. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT

Looks like Best Buy is also participating. At least the one near me.

11. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT

Just got a quote back for $81 for my EM10 + 14-42mm. I am sure I can do better on ebay.

12. Tilman Paulin

Jun 10, 2013
    Vancouver, B.C.
    eBay would have to do better than $81 plus the trade-up bonus (eg CAD 300)

Just sell the cheapest lens you got (I'm doing the Pana 14mm) - the trade up bonus is the "big ticket" :) 

13. billca

billca Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2018
    Any indication if you still qualify for the coupon.

14. NIlaga

NIlaga Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2019
    Canada
    You are not required to actually send your camera. Just request a quote for your "trade" in order to receive the trade up bonus coupon.

I received a quote for my EM10.2 for 200USD but yeah, sucks that we only get around 375USD discount (before any trade-in) compared to US residents. I'm still not sure if I should send my gear to get the EM1.2 for 1694CAD (inc 13% tax) - 200USD.

15. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    The list is several years out of date. It still lists Dunn & Rundle on Granville St. in Vancouver. They closed up shop about a decade ago. Olympus has possibly the most poorly maintained business website I've ever seen.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. MetilHed

MetilHed Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Jeff
    Does eBay give you the trade up bonus as well ?

17. billca

billca Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2018
    Well I got my offer, depending on final assessment. (Doubt it will be as good as this offer) They said there's a link to a UPS free shipping label. Damned If I can find it, though.
    Anyway, anybody in Canada have experience cashing US cheques, I'm assuming it would just take longer to process.

Edit. They just got back to me No free UPS shipping label from Canada. But will refund shipping cost if receipt included.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  18. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT

You got the coupon in your quote.

You're not required to send in your equipment. At least, that's my understanding. Someone can correct me here.

19. billca

billca Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2018
    Where, I haven't seen any coupon. When I get a coupon I'll quite this game

20. baristaman

baristaman New to Mu-43

Oct 14, 2018
    When I did this, I got a separate email with my coupon. It was in my Gmail "Promotions" folder. If you don't see it, perhaps it was in your Spam folder.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.