Olympus to releasse Fixed Lens compact and MFT body this year.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I still miss my Stylus 1 that I gave to my niece. A version with a one-inch sensor would be incredible. Or how about a kind of fixed-lens version of the Pen F to create a poor man's Leica Q2? But you know it'll be a TG-6, right?

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
I still miss my Stylus 1 that I gave to my niece. A version with a one-inch sensor would be incredible. Or how about a kind of fixed-lens version of the Pen F to create a poor man's Leica Q2? But you know it'll be a TG-6, right?
Thankfully, I have two working in the household (& one not working). After my better half took a tumble in a sand hill with her Stylus 1s I was lucky to find a seller with an unwanted Stylus 1 present that was barely used & at a bargain price. I still have my original Stylus 1 (that survived the sand hill tumble on my daughter, but in a bag). It is a convenient camera to have (but not impervious to dust, sand of rain) & also great for chasing grandkids around & inside with the flash, which can fire off every second with sequential shooting. It is a great advanced compact camera with that F2.8 10.7 times zoom lens.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Does the TG5 have an Anti-reflective (AR) coating on the image sensor glass ??

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
I have always thought it weird to have a camera like the Tough series withOUT an electronic viewfinder. Having not used one, perhaps the back LCD is fantastic or designed for this intended use, but I would think that a camera that is basically designed for situations such as at the beach or on the ski slopes where you have bright and glaring conditions, especially if you shoot with the sun mostly behind you, that using a back LCD would be very difficult in many situations.

rezatravilla

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Reza Travilla
I still miss my Stylus 1 that I gave to my niece. A version with a one-inch sensor would be incredible.

I don't mind too if it's another Stylus 1 with the same sensor although same as you, i would be glad if it's 1 inch sensor. But the point is either them, please add the new trupic engine like in EM1 Mark II

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
rear LCD

it is not clear what else is actually improved from that article

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
I have always thought it weird to have a camera like the Tough series withOUT an electronic viewfinder. Having not used one, perhaps the back LCD is fantastic or designed for this intended use, but I would think that a camera that is basically designed for situations such as at the beach or on the ski slopes where you have bright and glaring conditions, especially if you shoot with the sun mostly behind you, that using a back LCD would be very difficult in many situations.

You are correct. I have a TG5 and the rear screen in the Australian sun is often only just usable

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
One thing I hope they fixed [or change] is the way the TCON-01 1.7x telephoto works on the camera. On the TG5 you select the TCON-01 1.7x telephoto in the accessories menu but it does not limit the zoom. So when you go wide angle you get a circle in the centre. It would be nice if when you select it in the menu it would limit the zoom to the angle of view of the TCON-01 1.7x telephoto.

I have no idea what selecting it in the menu does.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
I saw the article reference macro modes, but it did not say if or how they were better than the TG5.

Anybody know?

At least pricing on TG5's will go down.

Saledolce

Mu-43 All-Pro
The upgrade seems totally irrelevant to me, looks like they focused TG-6 on heavy underwater shooters. June will probably be a very good moment to find some pre-loved TG5 deals.

Richard_M

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm seriously considering buying a TG-6, however, a couple of negative's for me are no articulating screen, and 1/2.3" 12mp sensor. Other than these two items, I feel the camera would be a great buddy for when I'm on birding photowalks and I come across fungi or native orchids.

Latest threads

Top Bottom