1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus to releasse Fixed Lens compact and MFT body this year.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by drd1135, Apr 29, 2019.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I still miss my Stylus 1 that I gave to my niece. A version with a one-inch sensor would be incredible. Or how about a kind of fixed-lens version of the Pen F to create a poor man's Leica Q2? But you know it'll be a TG-6, right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thankfully, I have two working in the household (& one not working). After my better half took a tumble in a sand hill with her Stylus 1s I was lucky to find a seller with an unwanted Stylus 1 present that was barely used & at a bargain price. I still have my original Stylus 1 (that survived the sand hill tumble on my daughter, but in a bag). It is a convenient camera to have (but not impervious to dust, sand of rain) & also great for chasing grandkids around & inside with the flash, which can fire off every second with sequential shooting. It is a great advanced compact camera with that F2.8 10.7 times zoom lens.

4. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A better display though. :rolleyes: 

6. ralf-11

ralf-11 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 16, 2017
    Does the TG5 have an Anti-reflective (AR) coating on the image sensor glass ??

7. Class leading. What else is in the class?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    I have always thought it weird to have a camera like the Tough series withOUT an electronic viewfinder. Having not used one, perhaps the back LCD is fantastic or designed for this intended use, but I would think that a camera that is basically designed for situations such as at the beach or on the ski slopes where you have bright and glaring conditions, especially if you shoot with the sun mostly behind you, that using a back LCD would be very difficult in many situations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    How about a waterproof M43 camera with 14-42mm lens? That would be great for travel!

10. rezatravilla

rezatravilla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Indonesia
    Reza Travilla
    I don't mind too if it's another Stylus 1 with the same sensor although same as you, i would be glad if it's 1 inch sensor. But the point is either them, please add the new trupic engine like in EM1 Mark II

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ralf-11

ralf-11 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 16, 2017
    rear LCD

it is not clear what else is actually improved from that article

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.