Olympus tips and tricks, things to know?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by bozer, Feb 8, 2014.

1. bozer

bozer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    Hey all,

Just got my E-M10 and its my first Olympus, coming from Panasonic. I watched a few YouTube videos for the EM1, which seems like it has the same menu system, as there isn't much E-M10 info at the moment.

Can anyone point me to some good tutorials or tips or whatever for learning this system? Anything to help me learn the menus a bit quicker. There is a lot of options in here but I prefer this because there's tons to play with.Really like the camera so far, just need to get out and shoot with it.

I tried the HDR function - it looks like it captures multiple exposures with one shot. Is there some way for it to process those exposures in camera, without having to go to Photomatix?

2. Mstoeckle

Mstoeckle Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2013
  3. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Make sure you read up on the SCP.
  4. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  5. bozer

bozer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    Thanks so much everyone
  6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    David's note looks pretty good. Enjoy the new camera!
  7. bozer

bozer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    HDR function - I have to take those photos and then load them into photomatix correct? I thought perhaps the camera would do that bit for me. No?
  8. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
  9. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    HDR and the camera combines them for you automatically (that's why it says 'processing' after you take the shot). Bracketing and you need to merge them yourself in the package of your choosing.
  10. bozer

bozer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    Does anyone know how to enable the battery indicator? There is no place that shows how much battery if left on my EM-10 and I can't figure out where to enable it.

I also can't shoot RAW yet because Lightroom doesn't have the ability to read the files

Also, does anyone know how I can enable all of the focus points (The little square boxes). I'm able to enable some of them but my friend with EM1 says he has many more boxes on his screen and we couldn't figure out how to get that enabled.