Olympus Test & Wow

m43happy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Recently, I received an email from Olympus for something called Test & Wow (https://testandwow.getolympus.com/en_US/welcome). It looks like you can borrow the E-M1x, E-M1ii, E-M5iii, and the E-M10iii as well as a handful of lenses (Pros ones too) for a few days for free. It looks like it is only available through certain retailers in California, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, and Washington State. Anyone else get this email? I didn't even know this was a thing. I was considering an E-M5iii as a backup to my E-M1ii so this is a pretty sweet way to try it out for free. I booked one to use during Christmas Eve/Christmas.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
Good timing!

I have used this service several years ago in the UK and it was sufficient to hook me on the E-M1 Mark I which I bought soon after. So I would say ”use with caution”, only because you may well end up buying something!

I used the Olympus Test & Wow programme once (here in the Netherlands) to test an Olympus E-M5 ii with the 12-40mm. It convinced me that µ4/3 was right for me, and also that Olympus wasn't. ;)

Recently, I received an email from Olympus for something called Test & Wow (https://testandwow.getolympus.com/en_US/welcome). It looks like you can borrow the E-M1x, E-M1ii, E-M5iii, and the E-M10iii as well as a handful of lenses (Pros ones too) for a few days for free. It looks like it is only available through certain retailers in California, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, and Washington State. Anyone else get this email? I didn't even know this was a thing. I was considering an E-M5iii as a backup to my E-M1ii so this is a pretty sweet way to try it out for free. I booked one to use during Christmas Eve/Christmas.
Olympus likes to make their equipment available for people to try out. I took a "How to use the EM5" class from a local camera shop (Precision Camera in Austin), and in addition to the instructor, there were 2 Olympus reps on hand. We did a walk and shoot around downtown and the reps let us borrow whatever lenses we wanted. These are the products that eventually end up sold as refurbs.

CO_yeti

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks. The shop by me isn't requiring deposits either. Just a CC on file in case you skip out.

I scheduled the E-m1x and 40-150 Pro... Because why not!

bikenerd

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Frank
Be very very careful with Test & Wow - I borrowed a 40-150 Pro for 3 days, and now I have my own arriving tomorrow.

gary0319

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My local shop often has “loaners” available, and our regional Olympus rep is really good at providing gear for testing. I ended up buying my 12-100 after one such mornings test in a botanical garden,

greentoe

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Mason Resnick
This is a wonderful idea, but it's limited to California, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Texas, Washington in the US.

Real Name
Roel
We have the same Olympus Test & Wow! program in The Netherlands for a selection of Olympus bodies and lenses. I did rent the 45 1.2 for free which was great to test the lens. I didn't end up buying it as I found that it didn't had enough benefit for 90% of my photography (but man, I did come close... @bikenerd is right, be careful ;))

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom