Olympus teleconverters, any good on Panasonic lenses

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi all

I was browsing the Olympus site and it looks like the do teleconverters in m4/3, anyone tried them out on Panasonic lenses, what where the results like.

They list x1.4 & x2 although their site is not well designed so I might have been looking at 4/3 lenses not m4/3 :)

Are they for m4/3 and are they any good.

Paul

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks guys

The Olympus site is really badly designed and it was not clear if they were 4/3 or m4/3

Not sure m4/3 converters would be a problem in use if anyone was to make them, after all you can get extension tubes which are just teleconverters without glass .

Just needs someone in China to make one ;)

Paul

EarthQuake

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It seems very likely that Olympus will release some with or after the release of the 300/4 and/or the 40-150/2.8. They would be crazy not to. These should work with Panasonic lenses too, and hopefully some third parties will copy them as well.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I would never buy a third party teleconverter unless it came from a reputable lens company like Voigtlander, maybe not even then; I certainly wouldn't buy a Chinese knockoff.

EarthQuake

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Kenko makes some very good TCs, as do Sigma and Tamron. Third party doesn't necessarily mean bargain bin.

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
I would never buy a third party teleconverter unless it came from a reputable lens company like Voigtlander, maybe not even then; I certainly wouldn't buy a Chinese knockoff.

Its not a Knockoff if no one else makes one is it ;) It would be an original item, would it be any good now that's a whole different question.

Paul

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Its not a Knockoff if no one else makes one is it ;) It would be an original item, would it be any good now that's a whole different question.

Paul

I was thinking of Metabones Speedboosters vs ones like the Fotodiox when I wrote that para.

Latest threads

Top Bottom