Olympus teleconverters, any good on Panasonic lenses

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Paul80, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Hi all

I was browsing the Olympus site and it looks like the do teleconverters in m4/3, anyone tried them out on Panasonic lenses, what where the results like.

They list x1.4 & x2 although their site is not well designed so I might have been looking at 4/3 lenses not m4/3 :)

Are they for m4/3 and are they any good.

Paul

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Pretty sure those are 4/3 teleconverters.

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    There are no tele-converters for m/43 lenses. They would add too much bulk and weight. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Thanks guys

The Olympus site is really badly designed and it was not clear if they were 4/3 or m4/3

Not sure m4/3 converters would be a problem in use if anyone was to make them, after all you can get extension tubes which are just teleconverters without glass .

Just needs someone in China to make one ;)

Paul

5. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    It seems very likely that Olympus will release some with or after the release of the 300/4 and/or the 40-150/2.8. They would be crazy not to. These should work with Panasonic lenses too, and hopefully some third parties will copy them as well.

6. OzRay

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I would never buy a third party teleconverter unless it came from a reputable lens company like Voigtlander, maybe not even then; I certainly wouldn't buy a Chinese knockoff.

7. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    Kenko makes some very good TCs, as do Sigma and Tamron. Third party doesn't necessarily mean bargain bin.

8. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Its not a Knockoff if no one else makes one is it ;) It would be an original item, would it be any good now that's a whole different question.

Paul

9. OzRay

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I was thinking of Metabones Speedboosters vs ones like the Fotodiox when I wrote that para.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.