Olympus teleconverters, any good on Panasonic lenses

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Paul80, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Hi all

I was browsing the Olympus site and it looks like the do teleconverters in m4/3, anyone tried them out on Panasonic lenses, what where the results like.

They list x1.4 & x2 although their site is not well designed so I might have been looking at 4/3 lenses not m4/3 :)

Are they for m4/3 and are they any good.

Paul

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Pretty sure those are 4/3 teleconverters.

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    There are no tele-converters for m/43 lenses. They would add too much bulk and weight. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Thanks guys

The Olympus site is really badly designed and it was not clear if they were 4/3 or m4/3

Not sure m4/3 converters would be a problem in use if anyone was to make them, after all you can get extension tubes which are just teleconverters without glass .

Just needs someone in China to make one ;)

Paul

5. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    It seems very likely that Olympus will release some with or after the release of the 300/4 and/or the 40-150/2.8. They would be crazy not to. These should work with Panasonic lenses too, and hopefully some third parties will copy them as well.

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I would never buy a third party teleconverter unless it came from a reputable lens company like Voigtlander, maybe not even then; I certainly wouldn't buy a Chinese knockoff.

7. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    Kenko makes some very good TCs, as do Sigma and Tamron. Third party doesn't necessarily mean bargain bin.

8. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Its not a Knockoff if no one else makes one is it ;) It would be an original item, would it be any good now that's a whole different question.

Paul

9. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I was thinking of Metabones Speedboosters vs ones like the Fotodiox when I wrote that para.