[EXPIRED] Olympus TCON-17 High Quality Front mount 1.7x Teleconverter | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by dougjgreen, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling
    Olympus TCON-17 High Quality Front mount 1.7x Teleconverter

Prices
    Olympus TCON-17 $55

Ships to
    USA

Description
    I'm selling a high quality Olympus TCON-17 front mount 1.7x Teleconverter, in excellent condition, including front and rear slide-on lens caps. It mounts onto 55mm filter threads, but it can fit a wide variety of other filter threads as well, using step-up and step-down rings. This Teleconverter was originally developed for one of Olympus' high end point and shoot cameras, but it works quite well on just about any longer telephoto lens today that has a front element that's between 25-55mm wide, including many modern zoom lenses that top out at 300mm, converting them to 510mmm lenses, with minimal light loss typically no more than 1 f-stop. I recently acquired two of these teleconverters, in order to do some experiments with stacking them together to attempt to get a nearly 3X converter. And while my results showed that this is an excellent teleconverter on it's own, using two of them together degrades the image enough that it's not worth the considerable effort to use two of them at a time. So, as a result, I'm keeping one of these, and selling the other one. There is a very useful set of analysis using this and other high quality front-mount teleconverters on the internet from a university professor named Dr. Ching-Kuang Shene, which I have linked here. I can confirm that this is a very useful teleconverter, but I found that, unlike Dr. Shene, I found that stacking two of them is impractical - which is why one of mine is for sale. The last TCON-17 that sold on ebay last week was bid up to $73 including shipping - so this is a good price for these.

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-10/Converters/TEST/Tele-Tests/Tele-Compare.html

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-30/Converters/Other-Lenses/Oly.html

I also have several step-up and step-down to 55mm rings, which I can include for an extra $2 each, including 58-55mm, 52-55mm, 49-55mm. Unfortunately, I can't spare my 46-55mm and 62-55mm rings, as I use those with some of my lenses and the TCON-17 that I'm keeping.

Payment accepted
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    • Cashier's check/money order (no buyer protection)
    Shipping method
    USPS Priority Mail

Shipping charge
    Free to U.S. at cost elsewhere

Handling time
    1 day

References
    dougjgreen here and on ebay with perfect feedback

Additional comments
    • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
    • Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address
    Acknowledgement
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
  3. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Just a positive review for your item here--I have an older version of this I used with my panasonic superzoom (since donated to my dad) and it works great! This will be a good deal for anyone that has a need for something like this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    bump - price dropped to $55 all in

5. videogamemaker

videogamemaker New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Jul 25, 2015
    Still for sale?

6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I still have an Olympus TCON-17 for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.