Olympus Surveyed me

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RobWatson, Jun 18, 2013.

1. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Probably 'cause I got a rebate check (I never bought anything direct from Oly) Olympus sent me a survey on the OM-D and gave me a 5% discount coupon.

Y'all we glad to know that all my wishlist items are now implanted into the minds of Olympus. Anything new and cool I will fully take credit for and all the bad stuff ... well, if only they had of listened to me.

Primarily I pushed hard on fully programmable buttons (any/every button any/every function) and improved dynamic range (I'm a dynamic range junkie).

I also pushed my primary source for info on MFT as Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group - Micro 4/3 Photography News, Discussion, and Rumors so maybe Oly folks will visit the site more regularly!

Another thing I pushed for was tethered shooting and external power options.

Anybody else get surveyed? Maybe I'm special on account of all the Spork stuff?

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    I did it too. However I am not as fussy as some others and pretty happy with my OM-D.

3. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    They surveyed me and I let 'em have it. :rant: :hissy: :whew: :woohoo1: :sleeping:

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Me too, although there weren't any Sporks listed to get at 5% off... :mad:  .

If it was 25% off I'd be in GAS mode, but for 5% not so much.

I did take advantage of the $224 price on the FL600-R flash but that was before the survey...

Regards,

Jim

5. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yeah, I got the survey as well - and the 5 percent discount coupon code. Why do I have a feeling they will misinterpret my responses? One thing they shouldn't be confused about is my repeated request for a rangerfinder-styled camera with a built-in EVF.

6. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Yeah they will probably misinterpret it when they translate it to Japanese for the top management. :D ;) 

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

7. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    They need to work faster at repairs!!! :D 

8. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    When translated to Japanese that will read 'clip on EVF', no doubt about it..... :rolleyes: 

9. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I'm surprised they didn't bring you into the fold and give you a pre-production E-M6 to play with. Perhaps they didn't actually realize that you are the same Rob Watson who is the worlds pre-eminent sporktographer.

10. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I got one for my Pen. I told them to hold to their guns and never build in an EVF!

11. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry, you're not special.

12. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    I got surveyed too. I let them have it over not supplying hood and pouches. I also asked them to make black and silver lenses and release them at the SAME TIME.

I also told them how pissed I was that they released their OM-D extended warranty close to a year after the camera was released. I only heard about it after my warranty had expired.

Didn't say much about cameras other than the need for better focus tracking

I also asked them to bring their support back to the US as I've heard its now outsourced overseas. I was delighted with Oly's support staff when I had problems with my OMD last year. Not sure if I'm going to get the same level of service when I get their next camera

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.