Olympus Surveyed me

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RobWatson, Jun 18, 2013.

1. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Probably 'cause I got a rebate check (I never bought anything direct from Oly) Olympus sent me a survey on the OM-D and gave me a 5% discount coupon.

Y'all we glad to know that all my wishlist items are now implanted into the minds of Olympus. Anything new and cool I will fully take credit for and all the bad stuff ... well, if only they had of listened to me.

Primarily I pushed hard on fully programmable buttons (any/every button any/every function) and improved dynamic range (I'm a dynamic range junkie).

I also pushed my primary source for info on MFT as Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group - Micro 4/3 Photography News, Discussion, and Rumors so maybe Oly folks will visit the site more regularly!

Another thing I pushed for was tethered shooting and external power options.

Anybody else get surveyed? Maybe I'm special on account of all the Spork stuff?
  2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    I did it too. However I am not as fussy as some others and pretty happy with my OM-D.
  3. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    They surveyed me and I let 'em have it. :rant: :hissy: :whew: :woohoo1: :sleeping:
  4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Me too, although there weren't any Sporks listed to get at 5% off... :mad: .

If it was 25% off I'd be in GAS mode, but for 5% not so much.

I did take advantage of the $224 price on the FL600-R flash but that was before the survey...

5. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Yeah, I got the survey as well - and the 5 percent discount coupon code. Why do I have a feeling they will misinterpret my responses? One thing they shouldn't be confused about is my repeated request for a rangerfinder-styled camera with a built-in EVF.
  6. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Yeah they will probably misinterpret it when they translate it to Japanese for the top management. :D;)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app
  7. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    They need to work faster at repairs!!! :D
  8. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    When translated to Japanese that will read 'clip on EVF', no doubt about it..... :rolleyes:
  9. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    I'm surprised they didn't bring you into the fold and give you a pre-production E-M6 to play with. Perhaps they didn't actually realize that you are the same Rob Watson who is the worlds pre-eminent sporktographer.
  10. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I got one for my Pen. I told them to hold to their guns and never build in an EVF!
  11. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry, you're not special.
  12. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I got surveyed too. I let them have it over not supplying hood and pouches. I also asked them to make black and silver lenses and release them at the SAME TIME.

I also told them how pissed I was that they released their OM-D extended warranty close to a year after the camera was released. I only heard about it after my warranty had expired.

Didn't say much about cameras other than the need for better focus tracking

I also asked them to bring their support back to the US as I've heard its now outsourced overseas. I was delighted with Oly's support staff when I had problems with my OMD last year. Not sure if I'm going to get the same level of service when I get their next camera