1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus specific UK site

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Iansky, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    For those that may be interested, I have just found a site that is UK based and focussed and is specific to Olympus gear both 4/3rds and Mu43.

Olympus UK E-System User Group :2thumbs:

2. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Yes. I came across that when I found mu43. But I thought it was a bit sleepy.

I also checked out MFT forum in Fourthirds-user.com and decided that mu43 was better. And besides, fourthirds-user.com already had an Ian!

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Relevant

Hi Ian,

Sleepy it may appear but it is small, primarily targetted at UK based Olympus users and has some very relevant posts so certainly of interest to me and offers a site that is targeting my needs and wants.:2thumbs:

I can see it not being very relevant for none UK citizens, but we have an increasing band of UK based Olympus users some on here who may be interested and it offers the chance to communicate people near you for potential meets and swops/sales.

4. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Nice Site.

5. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    They probably don't bang on about B&H all the time! :smile:

6. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    It has a sister site too that is a bit more international but still UK based run by the same guy.

Paul

7. slappy

slappy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    Guildford, Surrey, UK
    Might well have to sign up for that one. Whilst I like this forum for it's photos from around the world and the helpfulness of the users, it does seem very US centric in terms of the FOR SALE is almost all CONUS (had to look that up), the offers and prices are mostly USD, and also that the US posters assume that the rest of the world will know all of the two letter abbreviations for the US states.

8. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Yeah. Wankers!

9. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Sorry, that is something that has been engrained into us by the USPS. (United States Postal Service)

10. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Is USPS a subsidiary of the NSA?

11. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    They work under the careful eye of NSA. :eek:

12. Soapysyrie

Soapysyrie Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 16, 2012
    London
  13. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Worth a look guys and very UK centric so a pleasant change, the administrators are very stringent and do not tolerate trolls or silly non relevant posts.

They stick strictly to 4/3rd and Mu43 formats and Olympus so a great place for Oly users.

14. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
  15. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Umm, I think that this link and our posts about about the USPS and NSA are exactly the posts that Ian does not care for.

16. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Whoops! Don't mention the lounge. And don't look at my new signature either.