1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus software questions

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by allan, Dec 31, 2010.

1. allan

allan Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2009
    I have a Mac and I just ordered an E-PL1. I understand I need Master to perform firmware updates. I also know that Master can process E-PL1 RAW files, but so can Viewer 2.

Is it still recommended to get Viewer 2, or would it be redundant? I hear it's newer and slightly faster. Can Master and Viewer 2 co-exist peacefully on my Mac?

I also have Photoshop Elements with the Adobe Camera Raw Plugin. One feature I like about the ACR plugin is that it has a slider for highlight recovery. Does Master or Viewer 2 have something similar to this? Or do I have to pony up and buy Studio to get this ability? I would prefer to use Oly's software from start to finish because I want to preserve the famous Oly colors.

Sorry for all the questions!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.