• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[FS] Olympus SHG 35-100 F2 and Sigma 50-500 f4-6.3 (Bigma) Four Thirds Mount. Ships: US

Buy/Sell feedback for Pat_Rans (1)

User name: Pat_Rans

Items to sell/buy/trade: Olympus SHG 35-100 F2 and Sigma 50-500 f4-6.3 (Bigma) Four Thirds Mount

Prices: Olympus 35-100: $7̶0̶0̶ $650 SOLD
Sigma 50-500: $600 $550

Ships to: US

Description: I'm selling 2 of my old Four Thirds Lenses. The Super High Grade 35-100 f2 and the Bigma (50-500), both in the old Four Thirds Mount. Both work great on my OM-D E-M1 camera with an adapter (not included) Both lenses are in solid working condition. Note that autofocus on non E-M1 series (or E-M5 III) micro 4/3 cameras, autofocus will probably be slow.

The Olympus 35-100 is in very good condition. The exterior I would conservatively rate at 8.5/10. A few scratches and dings on the metal, but only visible on close inspection, and barely noticeable at all. The interior I would give a 9/10. No haze, fungus, or anything wrong with the glass. There is a small amount of inevitable dust, but it is only visible looking through the lens into a bright light, and of course never affects images. The zoom ring is smooth, lightly dampened, and all focusing is internal. Autofocus is good and pretty quick on a camera body with phase detect autofocus (E-M1 series, E-M5 III, and all Olympus 4/3 DSLRs). It is an older AF motor design though, so it's not as fast of quiet as a newer lens, but the optics are superb. I've been able to take very decent shots in crappy indoor lighting at f2 1600 iso with Olympus in-body stabilization. For portraits, there hasn't been a better Olympus lens made.

The Bigma (Sigma 50-500) is in near-mint condition. I can't really find a single thing wrong with it. 9.5/10 inside and out. The front element has a bit of dust on the outside, but it should wipe right off. Barely any dust inside and nothing visibly wrong with the outside. Autofocus is fairly fast with the HSM tech, but the lens elements are so heavy that they prevent instant focusing (my hypothesis at least). This lens belongs on a tripod, but you can handhold it for short periods or long periods if you're strong. The reach is unparalleled (1000mm eq.) for a lens this price and size.

I'm open to reasonable offers, but no low-ballsn please. Shipping and paypal fees included, so take that into consideration. This is far less than you'd pay on a used retailer site or even eBay. This is my first time selling here, but check out my ebay feedback (pt-tokyothrift). No international shipping, only verified paypal addresses.

Images for this listing: File(s) attached

Payments accepted: Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method: USPS

Shipping charge: Free

Handling time: up to 3 business days

References: pt-tokyothrift (ebay)

Additional comments: Not open to trade offers, Open to reasonable offers below asking price, Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address, Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules. Yes

Attachments

Last edited:
Real Name
Joseph T Murphy IV
Hello Pat,

I am interested in the Bigma, but I have a couple of questions. Can you post any sample pictures taken with the Bigma? Can you also share what adapter you use? Is it the Olympus MMF-3, or a 3rd party version? The Oly version seems rather hard to come by in my searching.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA

Hi Tim,

I do indeed use the MMF-3. It works great. The setup it pretty tight, with only the tiniest amount of "wobble" I guess I'd call it, which comes from having setups with adapters and teleconverters. I got mine on that newish trading app Mercari for around $150, and if you keep your eyes open on ebay and other sites, you can often find the adapter under $200. It'll be used, but the adapter is just a ring with some wires, so they should be pretty durable. The panasonic version DMW-MA1 is supposedly cheaper, but not by that much and you lose weather sealing.

Here are some photos from a trip to a Florida wetland earlier this year. All were shot handheld I think, but I believe I rested the lens on a handrail on a boardwalk for the egret and maybe the gallinule.

The white bird (egret) was shot at 50mm, pretty heavily cropped, and lightly sharpened. It's the best I could find with the lens near 50mm, because who shoots this thing at 50mm?

The alligator shot was supposedly at 303mm, so around the middle of the range. I've heard the sweet spot is 300-400mm with this lens, and I'm inclined to agree. It's pretty darn sharp there.

The dark bird is a common gallinule, AKA marsh hen or moorhen. It's shot at 500mm, lightly sharpened. Detail is pretty good if you can get focus right and a high enough shutter speed to offset the HUGE camera shake at 500mm. The tricky part is that at 500mm, even at f8-f11, your depth of field is razor thin. I think I did a better job with the photo of the bird facing toward the camera.

Attachments

Last edited:
Real Name
Joseph T Murphy IV
Dear Pat,

Thank you, I appreciate the detailed response to my questions. The lens is still very interesting to me, but unfortunately I need to reign in my spending right now. In a few weeks I will revisit the thread to check on availability once I get the surprise bill covered. I hope you understand, and I wish you good luck with the sale.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom