1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus service fixed the LCD crack, but returned the OMD without touch...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rogergu, May 16, 2013.

1. rogergu

rogergu Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    3 weeks ago, I sent my OMD to olympus service to repair the LCD frame crack. I received the camera back. The frame is fixed, but the LCD does not respond to any touch... Have to send it back again...

2. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    an obligated question, the touch feature has not being turned off, right? :p

3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Was just going to suggest that (when I had to check if there's a menu option for that), Menu, Gears, Gear K, Touch Screen Settings.

4. rogergu

rogergu Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    It is turned on. I also did a factory reset. still not working

5. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    sorry to hear that...:frown: you should call Olympus to complain and try to speed up the return process this time.

6. cprevost

cprevost Mu-43 Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    Sounds like they forgot to connect a cable...

7. rogergu

rogergu Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    Contacted with Olympus and need to send it back.

The funny thing is that the previous service said they did the full testing...

8. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Similar thing happened to me when I sent my EPM1 in when it started losing time & date on battery change. First time it came back set to Japanese, original fw and a serial number of all zeros! Olympus sent me a prepaid label for the second return and fixed it completely. Finally! They were very nice & apologetic when I called to tell them their fix was incomplete.

I hope you get your cam back soon. :smile:

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

9. rogergu

rogergu Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    I called them this morning and waited on the phone for more than 30 mins for the customer support to get his manager's approval to cover the shipping cost.

10. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Wow. The rep I talked to emailed me a form specifically for returning not-so-fixed repaired cameras at Oly's expense ... while we were on the phone, no manager approval required. I remember now it wasn't a prepaid mailing label, just a return form that had Oly's UPS account number on it. I just took that form and the camera to the UPS Store, and they packed & shipped it. Strange it would require mgr approval to cover rtn shipping when you'd paid to ship it once and Oly botched the fix. Anyway, glad they're picking up the tab. They should!

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!