1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus Repairs

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ColbyJ, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ColbyJ

ColbyJ New to Mu-43

Sep 9, 2010
    Last month while on vacation, and luckily near the end, I dropped my Ep-2 body while changing lenses. It fell onto a stone street and was down for the count - menus might or might not come up, I could not look at images, focus was sometimes ok sometimes not.

When I returned home I sent it to Olympus and got it back today. It took just under a month and Olympus chaged me under $200. I've spent several hours with the camera now and it is as good as new. Thank you Olympus repair. I was afraid I would need a new EP-2, but I am back in business.

I'll be shooting a lot the next few days to fully check out the camera. Nice to have this back in my hands. Oh, I've replaced my wrist strap with a neck strap. In over 40 years of shooting with a neck strap I never dropped a camera. One year with a wrist strap - camera down.

2. mambastik

mambastik Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2011
    Glad to hear all is well. I always shudder every time I see someone swing around their big cameras in their hands with the neck strap hanging freely.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.