Olympus registered a new camera - anyone want to guess?

CO_yeti

Mu-43 Regular
E-P5 has mech shutter up to 1/8000 sec.

Not gonna to happen. OM has said they will be focus on premium products aka high dollar. Plus simple economics says as the units sold decrease the margins have to go up. I think we're above $1k for most ILC bodies going forward. Compare that to the phones that can actually compare on quality to a standard 'point and shoot' ILC, they are all $1k-$1.6k so that is in line.

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Riku
Not gonna to happen. OM has said they will be focus on premium products aka high dollar. Plus simple economics says as the units sold decrease the margins have to go up. I think we're above $1k for most ILC bodies going forward. Compare that to the phones that can actually compare on quality to a standard 'point and shoot' ILC, they are all $1k-$1.6k so that is in line.

I'm not sure where in here, but someone more knowledgeable said that production needs some cheaper products that do not bring big profits. But I can't remember the basis for it.

That's why I suggested that OMDS maybe could combine their Japan market leader cameras (E-PL & E-M10), those small and cheap ones, make them a bit more premium, and sell for a bit bigger price. And it could be the rangefinder with tilt & selfie screen, to suit street photography (and field macro with the tilt screen) and the basic markets who want to upgrade from phones (like I did), but do not want too big cameras.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I know nothing about the camera in question, but confidently predict that on the day of its announcement, several people will own it, a couple of hundred will want it, and between 10 and 20 people had it. :biggrin:

Don't forget the people who have no interest in the model, doesn't suit their style of shooting, and didn't have any intention of buying it to begin with that will go on and on about how it was the wrong move and this is the start of the end and that no one is going to buy it and they are getting out of the system because of it, etc.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom