1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus Refurbished Shipping

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mryon, Jun 5, 2015.

1. mryon

mryon New to Mu-43

Jul 30, 2012
    Missouri
    Has anyone here ordered a refurbished item from the Olympus web site and had it backordered? I bought a 75mm 1.8 on the 25th of May and after a week it had not shipped yet, I asked for an ETA and was told it was backordered at this time??

2. Sujiar

Sujiar Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    NorCal, USA
    Suji
    I just received my 45 1.8 which I had ordered on the 22nd. They said the delay was due to their moving their warehouse facility.... Too bad my OMD e10 has just been sent back for repair! Anyone in NorCal got a loaner?!

3. Bob_McBob

Bob_McBob Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2015
    I was wondering the same thing. I ordered a refurbished lens on May 27 and still haven't received a shipping notice. The PayPal charge still shows as a pending authorization and the item listing was deleted.

4. exakta

exakta Mu-43 Regular

Jun 2, 2015
    I posted about this over in the Hot Deals forum, my order was made on May 25th.

I cancelled my order because the "in stock" items were "backordered" by the time the order was processed and I didn't want to wait indefinitely. Hopefully this is just a temporary problem.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  5. Redwing

Redwing Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    Waiting 2 weeks for a refurb mmf-3 to arrive. Called Friday, said it would be here Monday, but today is Tuesday and it's not here yet. This is probably the 4th or 5th thing I've ordered refurb from Olympus, and the only one that did not arrive in 2 days. Interesting, as I'm not sure how you'd refurb an mmf-3, perhaps it was simply a customer return.
    Just as a side note, everything I've ever ordered refurb from Olympus has been indistinguishable from new. Hopefully the mmf-3 will be as well.

6. Bob_McBob

Bob_McBob Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2015
    The lens I ordered on May 27 was listed as in stock with an expected shipping time of that week. It was still in stock for several more days, then the item listing was completely removed from the site (not backordered). My order is "complete" but the PayPal charge is still pending and I never received a shipping or backorder notice. Not too impressed.

7. Bob_McBob

Bob_McBob Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2015
    Still no shipping notice, and the outlet section on the Olympus Canada site is now completely empty.

8. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Did you call them about your order? If not pickup the phone.

9. Bob_McBob

Bob_McBob Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2015
    I got in touch with Olympus and they told me there is no stock of the "in stock" lens I ordered for the foreseeable future then immediately canceled my order. They also confirmed the outlet section is now indefinitely removed from the Olympus Canada site (though they may revisit the decision in a few weeks). Absolutely brilliant since I sold the equivalent lens for my other system in anticipation of receiving the reconditioned Oly, and as a bonus the latest round of lens sales just ended yesterday.

10. Smartee09

Smartee09 New to Mu-43

Aug 30, 2011
    Burlington, Ontario
    Interesting. I just placed an order for a refurbished EPL-7 with 14-42 kit lens from the Olympus Canada site on June 9th. The order was shipped from Texas on June 11th and delivered to my door Monday June 15th. I guess I got my order in just on time!

11. mintchoco

mintchoco Mu-43 Regular

May 24, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey Bob, I also have a 75mm ordered from the Canadian site and I'm still waiting. This is horrible. One rep told me it could take another few weeks. Another told me via email that it will be cancelled.

I'm really disappointed at how Olympus is treating its customers and unilaterally trying to cancel orders which they mark completed. Wtf????

Sent from my A0001 using Mu-43 mobile app

12. Bob_McBob

Bob_McBob Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2015
    They didn't actually bother to cancel my order; it shows as "complete" but the authorization charge is going to expire in a couple of days.

13. mryon

mryon New to Mu-43

Jul 30, 2012
    Missouri
    I'm still waiting for my 75 1.8. I've sent a few emails and had a couple of phone conversations. All reps were courteous but not very helpful. I asked for a discount on a new lens and they said they could not do that.

So here's a funny story. I saw the 40-150 2.8 on the refurb site for the last few weeks and considered buying that and canceling the 75 1.8. Then I got the 20% off email, checked the web site an hour later, and low and behold, tried to put it my cart and it said "out of stock".

At this point I'm pretty frustrated with Olympus, I decided to give them a call. After speaking to someone that was no help, I was transferred to another rep. I explained my frustration at not being to purchase the 40-150 2.8 with the 20% discount since it was out of stock. She expressed sympathy, but told me they could not sell a lens that was out of stock. HA HA, I just set the hook!! At that time I told her, but you have sold me a lens that was out of stock and I still haven't received it! She sounded confused and finally asked me for an order number which I gave her, confirming in fact, I had bought an out of stock lens nearly a month ago. She apologized once again and said there was nothing she could do. I told at the least she could do in the name of customer service, would be to give me the opportunity to purchase the 40-150 2.8 the next time it was in stock at a 20% discount. After all, I've been waiting for the lens I purchased a month ago and had planned to use on a family event that only happens once a year. She agreed to make a case note and give me a case number. So we will see what happens next time I see a 40-150 2.8 on the refurb site.

14. mryon

mryon New to Mu-43

Jul 30, 2012
    Missouri
    Well I checked today and my 75 1.8 order was cancelled. UGH.. Really frustrated with Olympus now.

15. mintchoco

mintchoco Mu-43 Regular

May 24, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Any luck anyone in getting their 75mm?

16. tradesmith45

tradesmith45 Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 13, 2012
    Oregon
    My order of the 60mm macro was finally canceled today after being placed 3 wks ago. Their site is not updating to their correct inventory status correctly.

Hope they are running the rest of their business better than their refurb site.