1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus Refurbished Lens

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bomo, Nov 19, 2015.

1. bomo

bomo Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2014
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Wayne
    Yesterday I took delivery of a refurbished Olympus 9-18 f/4-5.6 lens. When I put it on my E-M10 all I got was a blank screen. Tried it on my GM1 which returned a 'Lens Attach Fail' error. Several attempts on both cameras yielded the same results - so back to Olympus it goes.

It's pretty disappointing. I expect a refurbished lens to be verified for proper operation prior to shipping. Apparently this one was simply repckaged and sent out.

2. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    Don't be disappointed. I have ordered 3 different camera/lens from Olympus refurbished and not one problem. Everyone makes mistakes, they will make it right.

3. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    My big leap to M43 from DSLR land was with a reconditioned EM5 and 12-50 from Getolympus. Since then, I've bought reconditioned 60 macro, 9-18, and 45 f1.8 lenses and a Stylus Tough TG-850. All came in great shape and working properly. I'm sure yours was an exception and they will take care of it for you. :)

There is one thing you might try. If you have some contact cleaner like DeOxit, you might try use some to clean the contacts on the lens and body. I put a tiny bit on a Q-tip and rub the contacts, careful not to leave any lint behind. (CAIG Laboratories - Home of DeoxIT® & Hand-E-Glove®) No, I do not have any ties to the company; just used their products for a long time.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Same here. I'm about 4 for 4. Everything was like new and blemish free.

5. Vandy

Vandy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2015
    VA
    Marc
    Buy everything usually referred from the Olympus store. No bad ones except one point and shoot was a little banged up and scratched. Sent it back and asked for another since this looked a little more used than normal. They sent me another or would refund. Very satisfied with that. Sorry about your issue, that's a bummer and more time consuming.:sorry:

6. bomo

bomo Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2014
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Wayne
    I did buy a refurbished 12-40 from them about a year ago - physically and operationally like new. I would think though that any equipment that gets sent out is at least checked for functionality. This one slipped through a big crack.

7. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Maybe something happened during shipping (got tossed through a big crack ;-) ) and Olympus was not at fault.

8. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I was going to ask if you extended the lens, but you wouldn't get that error message if that was the case. :)