Olympus Refurbished Lens

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bomo, Nov 19, 2015.

1. bomo

bomo Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2014
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Wayne
    Yesterday I took delivery of a refurbished Olympus 9-18 f/4-5.6 lens. When I put it on my E-M10 all I got was a blank screen. Tried it on my GM1 which returned a 'Lens Attach Fail' error. Several attempts on both cameras yielded the same results - so back to Olympus it goes.

It's pretty disappointing. I expect a refurbished lens to be verified for proper operation prior to shipping. Apparently this one was simply repckaged and sent out.

2. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    Don't be disappointed. I have ordered 3 different camera/lens from Olympus refurbished and not one problem. Everyone makes mistakes, they will make it right.

3. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    My big leap to M43 from DSLR land was with a reconditioned EM5 and 12-50 from Getolympus. Since then, I've bought reconditioned 60 macro, 9-18, and 45 f1.8 lenses and a Stylus Tough TG-850. All came in great shape and working properly. I'm sure yours was an exception and they will take care of it for you. :)

There is one thing you might try. If you have some contact cleaner like DeOxit, you might try use some to clean the contacts on the lens and body. I put a tiny bit on a Q-tip and rub the contacts, careful not to leave any lint behind. (CAIG Laboratories - Home of DeoxIT® & Hand-E-Glove®) No, I do not have any ties to the company; just used their products for a long time.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Same here. I'm about 4 for 4. Everything was like new and blemish free.

5. Vandy

Vandy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2015
    VA
    Marc
    Buy everything usually referred from the Olympus store. No bad ones except one point and shoot was a little banged up and scratched. Sent it back and asked for another since this looked a little more used than normal. They sent me another or would refund. Very satisfied with that. Sorry about your issue, that's a bummer and more time consuming.:sorry:

6. bomo

bomo Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2014
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Wayne
    I did buy a refurbished 12-40 from them about a year ago - physically and operationally like new. I would think though that any equipment that gets sent out is at least checked for functionality. This one slipped through a big crack.

7. Clint

Clint Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Maybe something happened during shipping (got tossed through a big crack ;-) ) and Olympus was not at fault.

8. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I was going to ask if you extended the lens, but you wouldn't get that error message if that was the case. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.