Olympus Refurb questions.

tg9413

Mu-43 Regular
Hi All,
So I grabbed a black refurb 12mm off that 25% off sale they had last week, but the lens came in defected. the Ring that has the engraving for the lens spec is loosely glued and there is still glue smear left on it. It's obvious an assembly line QC issue.
Since the black non limited edition of the lens is rather new, I doubt they will have a whole lot refurb stocking up.
Does anyone know what's oly's typical response to this kind of issue? Send it to service center or they can exchange for another one? Also how about mail back shipping cost.

I do need this lens for a trip coming up in mid April, so I think service route is a no go cuz it has to go through all the inspection and stuff..... :(

Thanks for any inputs.

Regards

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 105

b_rubenstein

Mu-43 All-Pro
Does Olympus have a possible cosmetic defect disclaimer on their site? A loose trim piece may fall in that category. For that matter, the ring was probably removed when the lens was refurbished and not reglued properly.

tg9413

Mu-43 Regular
I don't think they have such disclaimer. I can live with scratches on the barrel and such, but this imo is way beyond a cosmetic issue, the parts is not properly assembled, who knows what's wrong inside the lens. The product do come with a 90 day warranty, but ya like I mentioned, it probably wont make it back in time. I could just rip that ring off and glue it myself again. But argh... with all the wonderful review on how olympus refurb is such a good bargain, I guess I will have to wait and see how their customer service response.

Latest threads

Top Bottom