Olympus refurb camera ebay bargains (UK/EU)

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
My EM-10 arrived between Christmas and New Year but developed a fault within a day of use. If I use a mu43 lens the Live-View image is blank and the aperture displays "-.-", it looks as though the contacts on the camera body are knackered. Does anyone know what rights we have in the EU if a product advertised as Manufacturer Refurbished dies? I have contacted Limal for a refund but have heard nothing in over a week. I note that they are the registered company behind the Olympus Market eBay store as well, so they sound as though they have some sort of affiliation with Olympus. I've raised a case on eBay but it's now over 48 hours and still no word, I'm starting to think I'm going to be stuck with a £350 duffer! I've sent a separate e-mail to Olympus support this morning but I don't know what my legal rights are if no one agrees to either refund or repair the camera.

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
Don't panic!

You should have a 1 year warranty with Olympus EU, plus ebay buyer protection if you haven't left feedback yet. My brother successfully registered the Stylus 1 for warranty (even came with a card in the box for an extra 6 months).

If you'd rather just have a refund then raise a case through eBay and follow their procedures. If Limal doesn't reply then after a set time ebay will probably decide in your favour automatically and issue a PayPal refund.

You might have to pay return postage to Germany in either case.

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Don't panic!

You should have a 1 year warranty with Olympus EU, plus ebay buyer protection if you haven't left feedback yet. My brother successfully registered the Stylus 1 for warranty (even came with a card in the box for an extra 6 months).

If you'd rather just have a refund then raise a case through eBay and follow their procedures. If Limal doesn't reply then after a set time ebay will probably decide in your favour automatically and issue a PayPal refund.

You might have to pay return postage to Germany in either case.
See, that's my problem, I left feedback! All was well for the first day so I left feedback and then the next day it all went wrong. The seller does say that they accept returns within 30 days though so would that still protect me?

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
Actually, ignore my qualifier about feedback - I believe you should still be able to raise a dispute with eBay regardless of feedback - up to 45 days after purchase iirc. It just muddies the argument a bit if you've declared yourself satisfied with the item already.

The question really is whether you just want a refund or would rather have the camera fixed under warranty.

sdb123

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve
You should be covered under the eBay user protection programme which covers eBay.co.uk but similar schemes exist within .com and .de eBay domains too. If not, there is always the possibility of raising a PayPal dispute if needs be.

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Actually, ignore my qualifier about feedback - I believe you should still be able to raise a dispute with eBay regardless of feedback - up to 45 days after purchase iirc. It just muddies the argument a bit if you've declared yourself satisfied with the item already.

The question really is whether you just want a refund or would rather have the camera fixed under warranty.
I can't quite decide now! I want a smaller camera to compliment by EM-1 and bought a GM1 whilst waiting for this refund. Now I'm not sure whether to keep the GM1 or attempt to get the EM-10 repaired. The GM1 is certainly small but stood side by side with the EM-10 there isn't that much difference with the GM1 grip attached. The added benefit of articulated screen, IBIS and EVF may sway it!

I noticed on the Olympus website that the warranty is only valid if you provide a receipt from an official supplier and I can't work out if Limal is official.

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
AFAIK Limal should definitely be an official supplier - they certainly claim to be on their website and told me their cameras were warrantied when I asked via ebay.

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
AFAIK Limal should definitely be an official supplier - they certainly claim to be on their website and told me their cameras were warrantied when I asked via ebay.
eBay finally came through this morning and I will receive a refund once I ship the camera back. Hopefully I am an isolated case but from other people's comments here Limal have very poor communication. My item is still showing as not shipped! In my short time with the EM-10 I was very impressed and will miss it! I am even weighing up selling my EM-1 and just running the EM-10 with grip. For my needs I think the EM-1 is a bit excessive and the EM-10 achieves 95% of what the EM-1 does for my needs (it's really just 3-axis Vs 5-axis and from my brief video tests the EM-10 performs really well).

sdb123

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Glad you've got a (fairly positive) resolution Levster. At least it takes a weight off of your mind...nothing worse than feeling like you've got a lemon and have no comeback.

I have a gripped E-M10 and love it...like you say it is a hugely capable performer. Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom