Olympus refurb camera ebay bargains (UK/EU)

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've seen two EM-10 with pancake zooms go for £310. I've only just bought an EP-5 as my little camera to go with my EM-1, but I'm forever lifting the EP-5 up to my eye to look through the non-existent viewfinder! An EM-10 for £310 almost seems too good to pass up.

pinoyborian

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jerry Sisican
Many thanks for this link, I've saved it on my ebay account. I missed out on a Stylus 1 recently but was glad that time as I was not too sure I wanted it. Now I do! At that time I was the winning bidder until a few minutes and I was thinking out loudly 'c'mon beat my bid' lol. The winning bid was half the price of a brand new, not bad.

Wow, I missed that E-PL7 + EZ kit, there's none at the moment, I wanted to get one this year. I'm watching several cameras now, not too concerned as it's mainly GAS (dang that term hehe).

DaveEP

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I hope the price is going to make me feel better when it gets delayed until after Xmas and customs + parcelforce rob be of another umpteen quids! :tongue:

* joking really *
The only reasons I bought the EM1 from them was the price (we're all a sucker for a bargain) and the fact it was coming from Germany means no taxes.

Glad to hear Tom got his, it gives me more confidence. Mine's not yet marked as dispatched and they haven't replied to my inquiry either, but who knows? It's supposed to be here between tomorrow and next Monday so still lots of time. It could be coming on a nativity donkey for all I know :)

Ramsey

Mu-43 Top Veteran
just had the reply from offical EU olmypus seller (link on pg 2). They also don't ship to Croatia.

A bit missleading saying you deliver to EU and exclude several EU countries (such as Slovenia, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus).
Sorry, just venting, i miss all these incredible deals...

DaveEP

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It's here! The OM-D E-M1 refurb arrived today from Germany (not even marked as dispatched on ebay).

I specifically went for a 'B' rather than 'C' grade, but to my eyes (after carefully looking) this thing looks like brand new. If I didn't know it was a refurb I would have said it WAS new.

£451 for a camera that has a street price in the UK of £950-£1150.

Needless to say at this point I'm a very happy camper.

< big grin >

Incidentally, the camera was listed as 'B' grade but the box has an 'A - OSFP' sticker on it. No idea what that means.

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
It's here! The OM-D E-M1 refurb arrived today from Germany (not even marked as dispatched on ebay).

I specifically went for a 'B' rather than 'C' grade, but to my eyes (after carefully looking) this thing looks like brand new. If I didn't know it was a refurb I would have said it WAS new.

£451 for a camera that has a street price in the UK of £950-£1150.

Needless to say at this point I'm a very happy camper.

< big grin >

Incidentally, the camera was listed as 'B' grade but the box has an 'A - OSFP' sticker on it. No idea what that means.
Nice! I already have an EM-1 that I got for around £550 from Taiwan in the summer. I love the camera and I am tempted to complement it with an EM-10 if the price is right! I bought an EP-5 in the Amazon sales but I really miss having the viewfinder.

Hootie22

New to Mu-43
Hi all, I won an EM-1 and 12-40 f2.8 for £901. So far so good. Before kidding I contacted them through eBay about the warranty and they replied within a day. After I won I left it a few days but when it was not marked as dispatched I contacted them again about delivery. Three emails later this they did not reply.

The camera then arrived on Sat 14th even though it was still no marked as shipped. Came in fully branded box (unlike Apple refurb.) and looks as new. Beautiful lens. You know there is a 'but' coming. I am a pro tog and have used the E-M5 since it came out so I am familiar with all the functions so a quick run through showed up one small fault. The internal speaker does not work. So no audio on video playback and no beep on focus lock. Neither of these are critical to me but I contacted them about it.

Yet again I have sent two emails but not reply. There returns page is all in German even though everything else is in English.I am loathe to send it back as it is a great deal. I can always register it online and see if the warranty holds up. Also there phone number in Manchester has a short message in German and then cuts off.

I will keep you posted how things go.

@emails

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi all, I won an EM-1 and 12-40 f2.8 for £901. So far so good. Before kidding I contacted them through eBay about the warranty and they replied within a day. After I won I left it a few days but when it was not marked as dispatched I contacted them again about delivery. Three emails later this they did not reply.

The camera then arrived on Sat 14th even though it was still no marked as shipped. Came in fully branded box (unlike Apple refurb.) and looks as new. Beautiful lens. You know there is a 'but' coming. I am a pro tog and have used the E-M5 since it came out so I am familiar with all the functions so a quick run through showed up one small fault. The internal speaker does not work. So no audio on video playback and no beep on focus lock. Neither of these are critical to me but I contacted them about it.

Yet again I have sent two emails but not reply. There returns page is all in German even though everything else is in English.I am loathe to send it back as it is a great deal. I can always register it online and see if the warranty holds up. Also there phone number in Manchester has a short message in German and then cuts off.

I will keep you posted how things go.

@emails
I tend to raise things formally through eBay straight away rather than deal with the seller direct. I find you get responses much more quickly!

DaveEP

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi all, I won an EM-1 and 12-40 f2.8 for £901. So far so good....... You know there is a 'but' coming.......The internal speaker does not work
Out of interest, was yours a 'B' or 'C' grade camera?

I've been running through mine and so far everything seems perfect. Ironically I 'just' turned the beeps off since they are frowned upon in many situations :)

JohnN

Mu-43 Regular
I've been watching these for a few days now and I've noted that the same buyer has won every single one (bar one) for the last week or so - same hidden name p****f with the same feedback score.
I've contacted the seller and they have as yet not responded and my thinking is that its a scam - p***f pushes the bid to the maximum then "pull out" offering the item to the next highest but at the max they could have got out of them.

If not what is someone doing with all those cameras??

Not sure - take a look for yourself - click here (link to ebay), start at the top and look at the winner - always the same, always using a sniping app to get it at the very last second, always much higher than usual when they're not involved.

nachetetm

Mu-43 Regular
Well, my job mate won one of those biddings, 240 pounds for an E-M10 with the compact zoom. I was thinking that there is some bidding by the company to increase the final price, but my job mate proved me wrong...

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I've been watching these for a few days now and I've noted that the same buyer has won every single one (bar one) for the last week or so - same hidden name p****f .
I just had a quick look, and p****f seems to go for just the E-M1 ... very odd.

Maybe he's making a bullet-time rig for use on a bobbing boat ...

JohnN

Mu-43 Regular
Well thats the last two gone and guess what p***f didn't actually bid on one of them!!!
Still missed out though :)

DaveEP

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Glad I got mine when I did. Great bargain and TBH wish I'd bought a second one. If they are anything like this one re-selling them on ebay at a profit wouldn't have been that hard (if I didn't want them) so perhaps that is what someone else is trying to do.

I hope they come up with more soon....

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
I won an EM-10 with the standard zoom today, although I didn't get it for the bargain price of £240! Perhaps now that the seller is more widely known the chance of a good bargain is gone. Then again I still saved around £200 based on the new price so I'm still happy!

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
Glad a few people got some bargains out of this :)

Starting to wish I'd put some serious bids on an E-M1... I'll keep an eye oout and bump this thread if any more get listed.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom