Olympus refurb camera ebay bargains (UK/EU)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by BigTom, Dec 9, 2014.

1. BigTom

BigTom Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2011
    Cornwall
    Hi all,

Thought this was worth a mention - ebay user 'limal' seems to be a semi-official seller of Olympus EU refurbished cameras. Postage is under £10 from Germany and all bodies come with a 1 year manufacturer warranty, although I'm not sure if you'd have to send them back to Germany in the event of a claim. Feedback on ebay and various German forums seems to be positive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Digital-Ca...om=&_ssn=limal

Lots of E-M5s, E-M10s, E-M1s and Stylus 1 auctions going through in the next few days.

I've been watching a few auctions and some of them have ended at real bargain prices of around half retail price - Stylus 1s from £160, E-M10s from £232 body only (£261 with normal 14-42, £311 with pancake), E-M5s from £255 body only (£330 with 12-50), E-M1s from £335 (although more typically £460 body only or around 900 with the 12-40 2.8).

Anyway, I've just bought a Stylus 1 for my brother for Crimbo, I'll update this thread with how the service/condition is after it arrives.

Obviously I'm posting this form the UK - not sure how much of a bargain they work out in euros.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    The link doesn't work...

3. BigTom

BigTom Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2011
    Cornwall
    Ah, oops! If you search for 'limal eBay' you should find it, I'll try and fix it now...

4. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    Thanks - watching a few now.... :)

5. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    I wonder why the UK is the only postage destination they offer. Maybe they have some other page for other European countries, but searching through my home eBay (Spain) I couldn't find anything like this, even when I included the whole European Union in the search.

6. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK
    Thanks, would love to get hold of an em1.

7. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    No shipping for Croatia.. :(

sent from my Xperia Z

8. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    I bought an EM1 from them..... not been marked as dispatched yet. How long did they take to dispatch yours?

9. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I'm a bit unsure ... until we get feedback here from real recipients in Britain.

Anyone received from this seller?
    Links?

Edit : actual negative feedback existing from German e-bay on toilet seats, radiators etc.
    The thick plottens.

10. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    I'm not too worried since there is both ebay and paypal protection, but the overall feedback for this seller is good.

The unhappy minority are usually much more vocal than the happy majority.

Besides, who wants a german toilet seat? :)

11. BigTom

BigTom Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2011
    Cornwall
    I only just got the tracking info for mine, seems their dispatch is pretty slow. Still not marked as dispatched on ebay either, they just replied to a query from me with the dpd number. Posted 2 days ago.

Should still be on track to arrive within the stated time frame however, so can't grumble too much I guess. More feedback one I've received it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BigTom

BigTom Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2011
    Cornwall
    Stylus 1 arrived this afternoon. Well packaged and in good condition - a couple of small marks on the box and a very slightly crumpled manual. The camera and accessories all looked like new. Not bad for half normal price.

13. Andym72

Andym72 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    Reading, UK
  14. BigTom

BigTom Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2011
    Cornwall
    I'm not 100 per cent on this Andy, but reading between the lines (and Google translate) I think Limal is quite a broad e-commerce company who possibly also handle the Olympus market ebay account. I think they're pretty legit.

http://www.limal.de/web/referenzen/casestudy_olympus_2008.html

I'm happy anyway, obviously people should make their own mind up.

15. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    If you click through to the detailed description of any item on that olympusmarket page, they talk about LIMAL as their partner and in fact all the contact details given are for LIMAL, not Olympus. So it looks like you would be dealing with Limal either way. I am not sure why there are two different pages but maybe one is targeted more at the Eurozone and the other UK / sterling.

16. Ulfric M Douglas

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I guess I'll be finding out first-hand if the deal is real ... e-pL7 & EZ lens bought.

17. BigTom

BigTom Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2011
    Cornwall
    Hah I was going to bid on that but logged in 10 seconds too late. Amazing price.

18. Ulfric M Douglas

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I hope the price is going to make me feel better when it gets delayed until after Xmas and customs + parcelforce rob be of another umpteen quids! :tongue:

* joking really *

19. BigTom

BigTom Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2011
    Cornwall
    Heh. Not sure about making it for Xmas but no worries about customs etc as it's coming from within the EU. Mine was delivered by DPD.