Olympus refurb camera ebay bargains (UK/EU)

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all,

Thought this was worth a mention - ebay user 'limal' seems to be a semi-official seller of Olympus EU refurbished cameras. Postage is under £10 from Germany and all bodies come with a 1 year manufacturer warranty, although I'm not sure if you'd have to send them back to Germany in the event of a claim. Feedback on ebay and various German forums seems to be positive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Digital-Ca...om=&_ssn=limal

Lots of E-M5s, E-M10s, E-M1s and Stylus 1 auctions going through in the next few days.

I've been watching a few auctions and some of them have ended at real bargain prices of around half retail price - Stylus 1s from £160, E-M10s from £232 body only (£261 with normal 14-42, £311 with pancake), E-M5s from £255 body only (£330 with 12-50), E-M1s from £335 (although more typically £460 body only or around 900 with the 12-40 2.8).

Anyway, I've just bought a Stylus 1 for my brother for Crimbo, I'll update this thread with how the service/condition is after it arrives.

Obviously I'm posting this form the UK - not sure how much of a bargain they work out in euros.

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
Ah, oops! If you search for 'limal eBay' you should find it, I'll try and fix it now...

alan1972

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan Grant
I wonder why the UK is the only postage destination they offer. Maybe they have some other page for other European countries, but searching through my home eBay (Spain) I couldn't find anything like this, even when I included the whole European Union in the search.

DaveEP

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Anyway, I've just bought a Stylus 1 for my brother for Crimbo, I'll update this thread with how the service/condition is after it arrives.
I bought an EM1 from them..... not been marked as dispatched yet. How long did they take to dispatch yours?

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm a bit unsure ... until we get feedback here from real recipients in Britain.

Anyone received from this seller?
Links?

Edit : actual negative feedback existing from German e-bay on toilet seats, radiators etc.
The thick plottens.

DaveEP

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm not too worried since there is both ebay and paypal protection, but the overall feedback for this seller is good.

The unhappy minority are usually much more vocal than the happy majority.

Besides, who wants a german toilet seat? :)

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
I only just got the tracking info for mine, seems their dispatch is pretty slow. Still not marked as dispatched on ebay either, they just replied to a query from me with the dpd number. Posted 2 days ago.

Should still be on track to arrive within the stated time frame however, so can't grumble too much I guess. More feedback one I've received it.

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
Stylus 1 arrived this afternoon. Well packaged and in good condition - a couple of small marks on the box and a very slightly crumpled manual. The camera and accessories all looked like new. Not bad for half normal price.

alan1972

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan Grant
Olympus Europe already have an eBay store for refurbs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cameras-Photography-/625/m.html?clk_rvr_id=748058615323&_ssn=olympusmarket

So I have no idea where this limal character is getting his cameras from.
If you click through to the detailed description of any item on that olympusmarket page, they talk about LIMAL as their partner and in fact all the contact details given are for LIMAL, not Olympus. So it looks like you would be dealing with Limal either way. I am not sure why there are two different pages but maybe one is targeted more at the Eurozone and the other UK / sterling.

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I hope the price is going to make me feel better when it gets delayed until after Xmas and customs + parcelforce rob be of another umpteen quids! :tongue:

* joking really *

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
Heh. Not sure about making it for Xmas but no worries about customs etc as it's coming from within the EU. Mine was delivered by DPD.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom