Olympus reconditioned sale plus 20% off

I ordered a reconditioned E-M1, but was not given a field to provide the "president" code. Have written a letter to their customer service, will see what they can do. Asked them to apply the coupon as I thought the next screen would give that option, or cancel the order.

Figured I'd best do it this way, rather than wait for the snafued missing coupon field to be fixed, only to find all the reconditioned stock gone.

Ah, just found where that field is: on the very first "Cart" screen, lower left. Missed it, and when you go forward, no further chance to apply the coupon.
Olympus has excellent customer service reps that can be accessed via phone. I realize in the internet age no one actually wants to talk to another human being, but if you make a mistake when placing an order, you can call customer service and they will fix it for you. I accidently ordered a zuiko lens rather than the m.zuiko lens and I called, spoke to someone (minimal wait time) and she canceled the order right away.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
What are you guys like? I've been chuckling for the past six pages at your antics.

It's amazing to me how little it takes to fire up the GAS monster! Mind you if you took a zero off of those prices and it was used gear then I'd be wetting myself too :biggrin:
I almost bought the E-P5 and that would have done nothing to actually help my photography. It's amazing how this feeding frenzy sets in when the prices drop below a certain point. At least the lens I got will actually expand my options for taking pictures. I'd feel a lot more remorse if I wasn't so psyched to be getting the 75.:dance3:

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have used an EPL1 with V2 and the 14-42 & 40-150 zooms for two years. I also have lots of Nikkors that I use on it (mainly for wildlife). But I have been wanting an EP5 since they were announced. Yes I need at least one really good prime, but so far every EPL1 image I've submitted to the microstock places have been accepted so I'll live with my current lenses for a while. I don't hang out here often and was just lucky someone over at the Nikon Café posted the sale. I mean $526 with 2 day air:) Yep, I am excited, really this is the perfect match to supplement my DSLRs and to use as a travel camera. I said I would never support two camera systems (I have three Nikon DSLRs, 5 lenses) but today changes that.

I use to work in a camera store, and the Pen F was always something I really admired, I think the Ep5 is pretty close.

tosvus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You might never see this from Panasonic perhaps due to better production & inventory control on Panasonic's part....
Unfortunately, I fear you are right. I don't recall seeing anything like this..

I just spent the last 20 minutes tormenting myself on whether I should put more stress on the CC to get the 12mm, and I literally came halfway through the ordering process, while trying to rationalize for and against.... In the end, the fact that they only had silver, that it lacks weathersealing and that my camera does not have IBIS, plus I have the 17mm 1.8 prime + 9-18, I narrowly decided against it. If it had been weathersealed, I think my creditcard would be crying just about now... (I lack a wide weather sealed lens...)

close call, GAS sucks.... I will probably be thinking what if for days now...

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
I almost bought the E-P5 and that would have done nothing to actually help my photography. It's amazing how this feeding frenzy sets in when the prices drop below a certain point. At least the lens I got will actually expand my options for taking pictures. I'd feel a lot more remorse if I wasn't so psyched to be getting the 75.:dance3:
You are going to love the 75mm… But yeah I have real bad G.A.S. right now.. The worse part of it all is that my paypal has some funds for some more damage.. not a good situation to be in :eek:.

Jay86

Mu-43 Veteran
Got the 75mm earlier thanks to a nice friend State side. Wish the 45mm was in stock at the time but not to be. Still happy with just the 75mm for $484US shipped/taxes in!!! Wow.

zlatko-photo

Mu-43 Veteran
Got the 75mm earlier thanks to a nice friend State side. Wish the 45mm was in stock at the time but not to be. Still happy with just the 75mm for $484US shipped/taxes in!!! Wow.
The 45mm currently shows "limited quantities available". Wow, that is a great price for the 75mm!

Jay86

Mu-43 Veteran
The 45mm currently shows "limited quantities available". Wow, that is a great price for the 75mm!
Yeah, the but the button to add it to cart is greyed out and un-clickable... unless Im missing something?! And yes, great price indeed :)

sublimesun

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt
Lenses are back in stock, however without the "president" code working they aren't quite as enticing of a deal. Anyone have a new promo code?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom