Olympus Reconditioned Sale - 8/26 @ 10AM EST

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It looks like the camera has 679 shutter actuations. There is a tag hanging from the carry case that says 'E-M5 M3 12-45 Test Drive Kit.' I think I've seen something about the test drive program on the GetOlympus site, but I'm not seeing it now.

Still haven't taken an actual photo yet, and might not do that until tomorrow.
FWIW, the Test & Wow page is:
While the page is still up, I'm not sure whether or not the program is still going on. I used it in February. I am surprised a camera from that program only had 679 shutter actuations.

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
I did write to Olympus to let them know they sent me a "bonus" lens. I will let you know what they say.
I wrote to Olympus on Tuesday to tell them their shipment included the 12-45mm F4 PRO lens that I had not ordered. I wrote to an email address that I know works, because I had a couple email interactions with them late last week about a second order that did not go through. It's been almost three days and I have not heard back from them.

I don't think it's my job to hunt them down and demand a response. I am going to unwrap the 12-45mm lens later today or tomorrow.

So far I have only taken a few test shots with the camera, and have spent a fair amount of time going through the menus to get an understanding of the overwhelming number of available settings. With some help from the manual and from the David Thorpe book about the EM-5 menus. I am hoping to go out this weekend for a real photo walk.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
I don't think it's my job to hunt them down and demand a response. I am going to unwrap the 12-45mm lens later today or tomorrow.
Just be aware that unboxing that lens might affect what Olympus will require of you to give it back. They have rights, too. The delay's a shame, but as for many, the pandemic might have impacted their ability to handle situations like this quickly. I think they warn about this on their support web site, if I remember right. My own report of a problem isn't off to a good start - but I think patience will bear fruit.

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
Just be aware that unboxing that lens might affect what Olympus will require of you to give it back. They have rights, too. The delay's a shame, but as for many, the pandemic might have impacted their ability to handle situations like this quickly. I think they warn about this on their support web site, if I remember right. My own report of a problem isn't off to a good start - but I think patience will bear fruit.
Yes, I might give it a bit more time. My bigger concern is that they might charge my credit card for something expensive that I never ordered. Which technically I don't think they would be allowed to do.

Yes, I might give it a bit more time. My bigger concern is that they might charge my credit card for something expensive that I never ordered. Which technically I don't think they would be allowed to do.
I believe there's a consumer laws here in the US (since your profile says PA), that you can't be charged for items you didn't order:
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

I've only had very honest interactions with Oly, and you're covered under the law. I wouldn't provide it much more thought and certainly wouldn't be stressed about it. You've done more than enough at this point to be honest and remedy their mistake :thumbup:

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My bigger concern is that they might charge my credit card for something expensive that I never ordered. Which technically I don't think they would be allowed to do.
They can't so says the The Unsolicited Goods Act of 1971. Technically you can keep the lens. If they do say they want it back and you are willing to give it back, they should arrange to have it picked up and pay all costs associated with sending it back.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom