Olympus Reconditioned Sale - 8/26 @ 10AM EST

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
OK, got through to Olympus again this morning.

Original order has been canceled and new order placed at discounted price. With luck a 12-45 Pro should be heading my way soon. :2thumbs:

If it's any consolation, my Em5 mkiii has been sitting at Fedex in Fort Worth since late Wednesday or very early Thursday.

(Edited to add): The EM5 mkiii has left the Fedex location! Woo-hoo! (Three days ago I did not know that I needed this; once it was ordered I want my hands on it PRONTO!)

Last edited:

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
If it's any consolation, my Em5 mkiii has been sitting at Fedex in Fort Worth since late Wednesday or very early Thursday.

(Edited to add): The EM5 mkiii has left the Fedex location! Woo-hoo! (Three days ago I did not know that I needed this; once it was ordered I want my hands on it PRONTO!)
Well my lens has now shipped.

I've actually been waiting for this to show up on the refurb board since it was introduced. I was thinking I would just use points or the $50 code from the ending of the rewards program. But when it showed up in this sale..... I was a bit "distressed" when the site kept crashing and "concerned" when it stayed in processing. I didn't really breath easily and believe the the sale was actully going to go through until I got the shipping notice.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
Congratulations, you winners!
That kit I tried to buy but couldn't was a real steal. I wish I'd never seen it. :laugh1:
On to the next temptation: a tax-free weekend has begun!
Not sure what to buy other than a backordered $23 eyecup, though. :confused:
I'm just not feeling the GAS with regular Olympus prices.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
Sigh... well, thank you tax-free weekend. Having some extra money, plus free time to rationalize and hem and haw and calculate and compare and change my mind (etc.), is leading up to a decision. I might be spending my rewards incrementally on a 100-400, a 1.4x TC, and that eyecup. Nothing will ship for ages, but the itch will have been scratched.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Sigh... well, thank you tax-free weekend. Having some extra money, plus free time to rationalize and hem and haw and calculate and compare and change my mind (etc.), is leading up to a decision. I might be spending my rewards incrementally on a 100-400, a 1.4x TC, and that eyecup. Nothing will ship for ages, but the itch will have been scratched.
The 100-400 is tempting. I also still gave that $50 off from the rewards program.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
I gave in to temptation. :dance4: Probably won't actually receive the lens for quite a while, but maybe by then DxO will have optics modules for it.

I don't know if I've ever used Olympus Rewards before, since I usually shop during the outlet sales. I didn't realize until after I started buying last night that if you have at least $100 in rewards (total, after converting all points to discount codes), Olympus will combine them (a special offer - expiring tomorrow, I think). This has to be done through e-mail, though. I was more concerned about the tax-free opportunity, so I bought items individually and applied a coupon to each. Not a big deal. And in 30 days I'll have a bunch of new rewards points I won't know how to spend.

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
It is literally Christmas morning here. For $699.99 plus tax I got the EM-5 mkiii that I ordered, plus a camera bag I did not order (I think that's a $12.99 item, so no big deal), and a camera strap I did not order (again, nice but no big deal).

There was one more thing in the box that I did not order: a 12-45mm F4 PRO lens. I am gobsmacked at getting such a great deal. I am considering writing to Olympus to let them know they sent me the lens and other stuff I did not order. Or whether I should just shut up and enjoy my good fortune.

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
Boy, that's tough. Problem is that now that you've confessed here, your conscience is likely to bother you. I would volunteer to return it for you, but...

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
There was one more thing in the box that I did not order: a 12-45mm F4 PRO lens. I am gobsmacked at getting such a great deal. I am considering writing to Olympus to let them know they sent me the lens and other stuff I did not order. Or whether I should just shut up and enjoy my good fortune.
Let's wait and see if anyone posts about how disappointed they are that the lens they ordered never arrived and instead they got binoculars and a bunch of voice recorders.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
That's wacky! Gives me hope that my new MC-14 TC arriving this week will come with the new 100-400mm attached to it. :rofl: Which I did order, so would probably get to keep! It's going to be a loooong wait for that lens to arrive, already having that TC but having nothing to pair it with.

Of course, letting Olympus know about the "problem" is the right thing to do. And you never know how Olympus will respond. Best wishes!

Last edited:

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
It looks like the camera has 679 shutter actuations. There is a tag hanging from the carry case that says 'E-M5 M3 12-45 Test Drive Kit.' I think I've seen something about the test drive program on the GetOlympus site, but I'm not seeing it now.

Still haven't taken an actual photo yet, and might not do that until tomorrow.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom