Olympus Reconditioned Sale - 8/26 @ 10AM EST

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
Curiosity got the better of me and I circled back to the site just now. The EM-5's are gone, and so are most of the lenses that were there this morning. Some EM-10 mkii's both with and without kit lens, some Tough cameras, OM-D EM1 mkii, and OM-D E-M1X, and a step-up kit that includes a carry bag, an SD card, and a 25mm f1.8 lens.

I think I got the best deal of the day, assuming it actually gets shipped.

WT21

Super Moderator
Did anyone get an EM5iii and, if so, how much was it before tax?

edit: I think I see that Biro scored one at $699. Wish I had been more patient with the site, but I had to get back to work.

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Did anyone get an EM5iii and, if so, how much was it before tax?

edit: I think I see that Biro scored one at $699. Wish I had been more patient with the site, but I had to get back to work.
Mine was $699 also, plus $42 Pennsylvania sales tax. Shipping was free. That seems like a very good price for this camera.

(Edited to clarify): Actually, it was $699.99.

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
I don't feel like wading thru the entire thread, so if I say something already said, well, cut me some slack please. I noticed this morning if I used a bookmark I have that brings me directly to the outlet camera page, I always got an error (and still do). But if I clicked on the link in the EMAIL I got from Olympus this morning, I was able to get in OK. So they want those clicks to add up, apparently. They had an E-M1.2 that almost GASed me...

I assume that my bookmark will go back to working again tomorrow.

adcom2020

New to Mu-43
I was lucky enough to get an EM5 Mark3 and M.Zuiko 12 - 40 Pro! I started early and got the items in the cart. Took 30 - 40 minutes to complete checkout! I finally received confirmation of order and FedEx shipping notice. EM5 M3 for $699 and 12 - 40 Pro for $499. Not bad. Hopefully they come in good shape.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I managed to stay out of trouble.
I might have been interested in a 60mm macro. But since I rarely shoot macro, I wasn't really looking for it.
I did get a voice recorder. My prior one died, and I missed not having one.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I might have been interested in a 60mm macro.
Ya same here and I was going to ask if anyone had ever noticed the 60 Macro being available in these sales? This time I didn't see it and I don't recall seeing it in the past although previously I wasn't really looking for it like I was casually this time.

Real Name
Chris
My order still says "Processing".

I ordered at 10:30, I called around 12:30 and was told the payment went through. :hmmm:
My order still says processing today (8/27). Never received a confirmation email either (checked junk mail and all) like a typical order. Website says order is processing so I guess it will get here eventually. Maybe they are out of refurbs and will send me a new one :).

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ya same here and I was going to ask if anyone had ever noticed the 60 Macro being available in these sales? This time I didn't see it and I don't recall seeing it in the past although previously I wasn't really looking for it like I was casually this time.
I did not notice the 60 macro. I think I would have noticed it, but can't state with certainty that it was not there.

dvc762

New to Mu-43
Got some emails from Olympus; apparently there were problems on their end processing payments so they were canceling my order and re-creating my cart with the same items and discount...just needed to check out again. Just successfully checked out, got an order submitted screen and the new order is now "Open" in my Account vs "Processing".

Fingers crossed still but if you were stuck in "Processing" look out for those emails -- they indicated to WAIT until an email came saying it was OK to checkout; not sure if you'd see anything in your cart beforehand.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Got some emails from Olympus; apparently there were problems on their end processing payments so they were canceling my order and re-creating my cart with the same items and discount...just needed to check out again. Just successfully checked out, got an order submitted screen and the new order is now "Open" in my Account vs "Processing".

Fingers crossed still but if you were stuck in "Processing" look out for those emails -- they indicated to WAIT until an email came saying it was OK to checkout; not sure if you'd see anything in your cart beforehand.
I got the same first email, nothing else yet.

Bugs me since I called and was told processing went through.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I'm glad I snagged the E-M5 III body (in silver). But somehow, I suspect it may be my final Olympus purchase. I could be wrong. But I am seriously considering selling off my E-M1 and E-M1 II, and all of my big, heavy PRO glass. I could use the E-M5 III and my two Pen F's with all of Oly's fast, small primes, the 12-45mm f/4 PRO and the cheap but excellent 40-150mm f/4-5.6. Maybe keep the 12-40mm f/2.8. But maybe not.

Last edited:

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I'm glad I snagged the E-M5 III body (in silver). But somehow, I suspect it may be my final Olympus purchase. I could be wrong. But I am seriously considering selling off my E-M1 and E-M1 II, and all of my big, heavy PRO glass. I could use the E-M5 III and my two Pen F's with all of Oly's fast, small primes, the 12-45mm f/4 PRO and the cheap but excellent 40-150mm f/3.5-5.6. Maybe keep the 12-40mm f/2.8. But maybe not.
If JIP does continue on the "Pro" side of things and they release a new Pen that might be the only body I'd really consider at this point. But I think that would be same pre JIP as well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom