Olympus publish a Pen Magazine...

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
Thanks for this

if you click on the making of movie you will see me walking in near the start - I was one of the 13 chosen, but didn't make the final 6

K

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Strange, it seems to have downloaded to 100%, but I then just get a grey screen with rotating arrow?

How long is it supposed to take before we see anything?

Cheers

Brian

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
I had to try it a couple of times before i got it to work..... Flash.... spawn of the devil - steve jobs is right :)

K

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
and flash will not work on the i pad either, sadly

Sadly??

Flash is just OK on full size computers, but even there it is a resource hog that adds no value. On mobiles it is a disaster, and it seems the new mobile version will be little better. Flash is history.

Nice Olympus magazine. I agree with Iansky - come on Panasonic.

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
I think it would have worked better as a PDF. HTML 5 will do most of what flash currently does without taking up huge system resources. I think Flash is on the way out too.

nTo

Mu-43 Regular
Olympus gives more marketing efforts than panasonic, i guess.....
here in indonesia, they even make darwis triadi (a well known photographer here) as the brand ambassador for PEN. They held some workshops & exhibition with him to let people notice and get familiar with the PEN series. Myself, a panny user, hopes them do more just like oly.

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
but flash is a ......reality , and resource hog or not,[it is] it`s out there and tons of meaningful content is delivered via it , so sad for the ipad , i repeat ....that the end users experience of the internet is diminished by it for many apple users .it gives me no pleasure is observing this .....

FWIW Im no lover of flash either and bloated code needs to be the first against the wall when the revolution comes... but for now flash is still widely used , you can choose to ignore it and use the apple "approved " app which unsurprisingly ridgidly define your internet user experience, and is used by the new york times , the washington post etc etc and other military industrial complex approved Pravda like journals of our dark orwellian times ...or........
but for now i enjoy the freedom of choosing for myself all the myrad content on the internet instead of letting apple choose for me in a de-facto sense based on what their os`es can handle or support or is dictated by the apple corporate offices as 'acceptable"

you cant know what you cant see
imho

Latest threads

Top Bottom