Olympus product announcements on Jan 6?

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by mcasan, Dec 1, 2015.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
  2. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
    the new pen might be revealed before the em1 mark II, since the new firmware has just been released... panasonic might also announce their gm5 successor early next year so that'll be good competition for the new pen
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm in no rush for a new E-M1. Olympus can take their time and make that right. Sick of Sony's haptic camera releases. I'd rather have significant improvements each release instead of trying to hit every bullet point on a spec sheet.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    The big problem is the lack of next generation sensors for M4/3 - as per an interview with an Oly exec.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    my bet is a new PEN. There was an olympus photo competition where the prize was a new mystery PEN
  6. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Patience is fine if you don't want improved AF. If you do, then you'd want to at least hear about the new e-m1's capabilities soon. I'd like to know where it's headed. I'm not buying any more NEW gear until I know. Used, sellable for not too much of a loss gear only, if any, until I know where it's headed. I'm not alone, so Olympus needs to do something for their flagship.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Yeah, that was a pretty mysterious prize description. An E-Pl7 would be a real letdown. :shakehead: