1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus Phone App, iPhone Installation Problems

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by retiredfromlife, Aug 15, 2016.

1. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2016
    Syndey, Australia
    I am having problems getting the Olympus phone app to work on our new iphone. Worked on the old Android OK.

I have read all I can but I cannot seem to make it work, I always end up with a "Not Signed" notice.
    The app installs, and I get to scan the code, works up till this point, next screen install a profile, hit install but nothing.

Some web pages say you have to go into setting WiFi pick you device and enter the Olympus password. With the app running when you press setting you end up at the unsigned screen of the app again, an endless circle. there is no where to enter a password.

Saw a video on youtube where it just works like on Android.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

2. GarethB

GarethB Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2016
    I have the same problem.
    It used to work perfectly until an ios update (9.3), and now I have to manually select the camera wifi connection in my iPad settings every time I want to use the app. As far as I know from having searched around, I can't see a fix.

3. retiredfromlife

May 15, 2016
    Syndey, Australia
    I found a way to get it working. (On iPhone)
    1) First install the app, when installed turn the camera off. (Write down the camera password)
    The olympus steps work up till this point
    2) Go to setting\WiFi (Can't do this if the camera WiFi is turned on)
    3) Turn on camera and WiFi
    4) Camera will now shown up on phone select the camera (you will have to enter the camera password first time)
    5) Should now work
    6) On future connections you should not have to enter the cameras password.

For some reason if the phone sees the camera WiFi you cannot go into the phones normal settings, the phone will just show the cameras settings for the phone.

Android had no such problem.

Regards

4. GarethB

GarethB Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2016
    Does your iPad/Iphone automatically connect to the camera WiFi when you start the Image Share app (which it should) with this method?

I can manually connect to the camera no problem, but the Image Share app is supposed seamlessly to leave your regular WiFi connection, connect to the camera WiFi, let you get about your business on there, then once you turn your camera off automatically connect back to your original WiFi device.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. retiredfromlife

May 15, 2016
    Syndey, Australia
    No unfortunately the iphone does not automatically connect, you have to pick it from the list of available WiFi devices that it can see. Since the app takes over the settings function of the phone it is trying to take over but can't for some reason.

With android it does automatically connect.

Regards

• Informative Informative x 1