Olympus Pen F shutter life expectancy

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
I have a Olympus Pen F digital that I use to shoot for a local live theater group. It's easy to shoot 1000 images of a play, trying to catch that perfect expression or perfect moment. These images are then used for marketing purposes.
I know how to get the shutter count from the camera, but what I'm looking for is the approximate shutter life expectancy of this camera. I have found it for the Olympus OM1.2 but that doesn't mean it's the same for all Olympus cameras. The OM1.2 is, I believe somewhere around 400k. I'm looking for any real info on the Pen F. I can make a guess on my own, but that would be nothing more than a number pulled out of the air. It would mean nothing. Does anyone have any link as too where I may find this number?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Martin Belan notes that Oly rates the original E-M5 at 100,000 shutter activations before typical failure, while the E-M1 is rated at 150,000. That sounds like official Oly guidance, but he provides no attribution.

Drdul

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Would electronic shutter be an option?
And a related question, would the use of electronic first curtain (silent mode, anti-shock or whatever it's called) increase the life expectancy? In normal operation, the shutter moves twice for each photo, once to begin the image recording, and once to end the recording. With an electronic first curtain, the shutter only moves once at the end, so I would think that would double the life expectancy.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom