1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus PEN-F (Body Only) - Black WOOT (Tuesday) $679.99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Toddster, May 14, 2019.

1. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. LilSebastian

LilSebastian Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Pasadena, CA
    John
    To get a new camera with one year warranty for just about $75-100 more than recent sale of used versions seems pretty fair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    That's a pretty good deal... Curse my drained photography fund...

4. Bob in Pittsburgh

Bob in Pittsburgh Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2019
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    That seems like a very good deal for the Pen-F. Thankfully I am able to resist... this time.

5. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    If you still have a desire to get a new Pen-F, I guess this is a decent deal, in a relative sense.

But in an absolute sense, it's hard for me to view this as a real deal in the full m4/3 world: there have been many sales of the GX85 with 12-32 and 45-150 lenses for around $500 over the last year, and the G85 with 12-60 kit lens has been at $699, just $20 more than the Pen-F without a lens. I suppose they don't have the 20mp sensor, but they do have other advantages to balance that out and they have lenses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2012
    That is a great price for a brand new Pen-F with full Olympus warranty. Note that Woot is owned by Amazon and so will collect sales tax where appropriate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.