Olympus Pen Exposure Mode Poll

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Richella, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I thought I would start a series of polls to understand the settings applied in our Olympus Pens. At the end of the polls I will compile a complete listing of the most common settings used.

Let' start with Exposure Mode. Please
  2. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    A. P if I'm feeling idle.
  3. dmc

dmc Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2011
    I feel left out . . .:frown:
  4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I find P + shift to be more effective than aperture priority for me, but I'm really surprised at how popular aperture priority is.
  5. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I haven't done much with P mode yet. I am not even sure how it works. I mostly use A and M and sometimes S mode.
  6. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
  7. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

The aperture chosen for a scene is the most important step in setting up the shot in my opinion. The shutter speed is governed by ISO. This is how I shoot my film cameras and digital cameras. I do not think a new model of camera will influence me to change my ways.

A followed by M when using flash.
  8. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    A - mostly
    P - hand-off to gf/family/friend
    M - controlled environments, like studios and space vacuums
  9. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

Space vacuums!!!!!!
  10. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I use them all! Manual, Aperture Priority, and Shutter Priority for digital lenses, and for manual lenses I use Manual or Program (which is really Aperture Priority for a manual lens).
  11. donlaw

donlaw Mu-43 Regular

Aug 19, 2011
    Don Lawrence
    Ok, I admit to using iAuto when in a hurry sometimes, but mostly aperture priority because that the way I learned to use auto exposure.
  12. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Interesting poll. I'm also predominantly A, followed by the occasional T if shooting sports/action, and the rare P for flash mode.

I'm so glued to A the majority of the time that I wished the top-side dial on my E-P3 was a combination ISO/drive selector instead, or that the camera had a selector ring dial around the lens mount to adjust ISO, just like I have it on my s90 compact.