1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus Pen Exposure Mode Poll

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Richella, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I thought I would start a series of polls to understand the settings applied in our Olympus Pens. At the end of the polls I will compile a complete listing of the most common settings used.

Let' start with Exposure Mode. Please

2. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    A. P if I'm feeling idle.

3. dmc

dmc Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2011
    Beijing
    I feel left out . . .:frown:

4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I find P + shift to be more effective than aperture priority for me, but I'm really surprised at how popular aperture priority is.

5. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I haven't done much with P mode yet. I am not even sure how it works. I mostly use A and M and sometimes S mode.

6. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    A followed by M

7. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

The aperture chosen for a scene is the most important step in setting up the shot in my opinion. The shutter speed is governed by ISO. This is how I shoot my film cameras and digital cameras. I do not think a new model of camera will influence me to change my ways.

A followed by M when using flash.

8. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    A - mostly
    P - hand-off to gf/family/friend
    M - controlled environments, like studios and space vacuums

9. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

Space vacuums!!!!!!

10. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I use them all! Manual, Aperture Priority, and Shutter Priority for digital lenses, and for manual lenses I use Manual or Program (which is really Aperture Priority for a manual lens).

11. donlaw

donlaw Mu-43 Regular

Aug 19, 2011
    Texas
    Don Lawrence
    Ok, I admit to using iAuto when in a hurry sometimes, but mostly aperture priority because that the way I learned to use auto exposure.

12. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    Interesting poll. I'm also predominantly A, followed by the occasional T if shooting sports/action, and the rare P for flash mode.

I'm so glued to A the majority of the time that I wished the top-side dial on my E-P3 was a combination ISO/drive selector instead, or that the camera had a selector ring dial around the lens mount to adjust ISO, just like I have it on my s90 compact.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.