Olympus Pen Epl-1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by specialkalways, Mar 7, 2011.

1. specialkalways

specialkalways Mu-43 Regular

Dec 21, 2010
    New York
    I need some help with guys.:smile:

I have the 40-150mm lens.
    But when i change to aperture mode the shutter speed tends to slow down. now my pics are coming out blurry.:confused::mad:

Im trying to move away from using auto mode but getting this blurry result in aperture mode is pushing me to use auto all time. :frown:

Is there something that im doing wrong please let me know how this can be fixed.:smile:

Im sure the 40-150mm 4/3 lens with the adapter on a olympus pen epl-1..

Thanks for reading...:2thumbs:
  2. Otto

Otto Mu-43 Regular

Apr 9, 2010
    Texas, USA
    It sounds like there isn't enough light to allow your shutter speed to be fast enough to avoid the blurry results. In order to get the shutter speed up, you need to open the aperture, if you can open it any further than it is, and/or increase the ISO sensitivity. Of course, you could add more light, if possible.

The other thing to watch out for is the focal length compared to the shutter speed. If I'm not mistaken you should use a shutter speed at least as fast as the focal length you are using. ie; if you have your focal length set to 60mm, you should probably be using a shutter speed of 125/sec, or faster, accounting for the 2x factor.

I hope this is helpful,
  3. specialkalways

specialkalways Mu-43 Regular

Dec 21, 2010
    New York
    Thanks you very much..

I will definitely follow this information when i pick up my camera