1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus PEN E-PM2 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 14-42mm f/3.5 II Lens $380 At Rakuten

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ReallyBadPictures, May 7, 2013.

1. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    Thanks

Just ordered the black one. Good find and thanks for posting. I have been considering the upgrade from the E-PM1 and you just shoved me over the top.

2. acto

acto New to Mu-43

May 30, 2012
    NYC
    E-PM2 for $379.99 plus tax, or the G5 refurbed for $329.99? Hmm, maybe I'll wait until E-P5 becomes affordable :).

3. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Rakuten is on my banned list of retailers. I ordered something once ( GX1 I believe) and was confirmed ordered by e-mail. Next day, they were so sorry, that it was OOS at that price. But I checked and they had them for $120 more.

4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Buy.com was great for a very long time. Then they weren't so great. Now they're Rakuten, and I see no reason to try them again. Better options IMO include Newegg, Amazon, B&H and Adorama.

--
    Sent from my Kindle Fire HD. Please pardon my brevity!

5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

6. nuclearboy

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    RAkuten??

Hope these guys deliver.

I used to love Buy.Com but slowly moved to Newegg and Amazon along with the typical other big name photo sites.

I assumed the name change was just cosmetic with buy.com but after reading some reviews online, it appears that customer service is lacking big time and people have a host of problems with them.

Hopefully my order will come through. I will post a note if I have trouble.

To be safe, one could get the E-PM2 from Adorama for $424 which comes with some extras (a 16GB card, a little case, etc.). For $44 extra, one would get a few extras that are worth something along with a few less concerns about customer service.

To be fair, I have ordered a few things from them and have not had a problem. It was only after reading online reviews today, sparked by the concerns noted by other users above, that I started to worry about my order.

7. thchen

thchen Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2012
    what's everyone's target price for EPM2? $299? Lightroom recognizes EPM2 and it'd be great to have the better sensor.

8. nuclearboy

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    I had assumed the E-PM2 would hit $299 by the end of the year that would trigger my trade up from the E-PM1. Having hit 380 this week, I prematurely evacuated my wallet and bought in early assuming I would benefit from the better sensor during some summer trips I have planned.

My E-PM2 is with FEDEX and is scheduled to arrive tommorow.

9. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I much prefer the E-PM2 to the E-PM1. In addition to the new sensor, having an extra programmable button is great. Also, being able to set the small focus box as the default means I no longer have to dedicate a programmable button to "magnify." Enjoy! :biggrin:

10. nuclearboy

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    Received the camera today. Definitely streamlines a few of the bottlenecks I had with the E-PM1 in getting setup to shoot.

Three things pop right out. The HDR feature assigned to the upper function button saves me alot of menu twiddling to go back and forth between HDR and non HDR. Now it is a single button push in and out. The touch screen to assign the smaller focus box plus locate it all in one touch is another big time saver. Third, extra function button gives me one additional single touch adjustment option. I am still playing with what that might be. ISO for now.

I was happy with the PM1 and really just wanted to get the upgraded sensor. As a bonus, this PM2 is an improvement in interface too and should really streamline some of the tasks of shooting.

11. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Pretty much my impression of the differences, too. I've used the extra Fn button to reset the focus point to home. (I have the right button on the wheel set to ISO.) Enjoy! :biggrin: