1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus/Panasonic Flash Cord/Cable using TTL

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by PrimeTime, Oct 3, 2011.

1. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 2, 2011
    Hello,

I searched but couldnt find this specific topic/thread. Apologize if this has been asked previously.

I have a Canon Off-Camera OC-E3 flash cord, but have read mixed reviews/feedback on using this on a Panasonic/Olympus hot shoe. I believe it will work as a manual flash cord, but TTL wont function with this setup. . . . ???

The pics seem to be in the same location, but could be wired differently between the manuf. [Canon to Oly/Pan]

In order for me to use TTL, do I need to purchase a Oly/Pan flash cord?

Also, Does anyone know if the Vivitar flash cord has the same style hot shoe quick release clamp as the Canon?

Thank you

2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    I've had no problem using the Canon sync cord for full TTL with my FL36R. Actually, the cord I use is a knock-off: says 'Dedicated Flash Cord for Canon ETTL'...

• Like Like x 2
  3. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 2, 2011
    Thank you ! I'll give it a shot :smile:

4. Highgrovemanor

Highgrovemanor Mu-43 Regular

Sep 12, 2011
    Just got a cheap uber-long Canon cable for my Nissin, which works great on my GF1 but won't fire from my G1. So YMMV for some of the lower-end stuff.

Good luck!

ps: I love this site!

5. zahatron

zahatron New to Mu-43

Oct 27, 2011
    I am currently using a vivatar/canon wire for my Nissin+Gf1 setup, works great.

6. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    What body camera do you have? I have a Panasonic GF1 and am curious as to what (other than the dedicated Panasonic cord) might provide true TTL

7. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.