Olympus Outlet (US) 20% on March 24

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Tuesday, March 24
Outlet Sale: Extra 20% Off, One Day Only

Get ready for our Spring Cleaning sale! Save an extra 20% on all reconditioned cameras, lenses and accessories. Sale starts on Tuesday, March 24 at approx. 10 a.m. ET.

SHOP OLYMPUS OUTLET

Anyone miss the last one in Feb, here is another chance.

If the Pen F shows up again I may have to do my part to revive the stagnant economy.

I guess there probably aren't any 'reconditioned' E-M1iii's out there yet. Unless Olympus is desperate for cash flow.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Pen F shows up again I may have to do my part to revive the stagnant economy.

I guess there probably aren't any 'reconditioned' E-M1iii's out there yet. Unless Olympus is desperate for cash flow.
You never know . . . ;)
Some of the "refurbs" are customer or demo returns.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Does anyone knkw what price the 30mm goes for? Been playing around with extension tubes but would really like to use a dedicated macro lens.
The 30 lists for $300 and is on sale for $225.
I SWAG the refub at $220, less 20% = $175
If the refurb price is lower, so will the final price.

I would go for the longer 60 macro, but that is quite a bit more $$$.
List for $500, on sale for $400.
SWAG the refurb at $375, less 20% = $300

For that price, I will use my old 55mm Micro Nikkor, and focus manually.
I don't do enough macro work to want to spend on an AF macro lens.

The 30 lists for $300 and is on sale for $225.
I SWAG the refub at $220, less 20% = $175
If the refurb price is lower, so will the final price.

I would go for the longer 60 macro, but that is quite a bit more $$$.
List for $500, on sale for $400.
SWAG the refurb at $375, less 20% = $300

For that price, I will use my old 55mm Micro Nikkor, and focus manually.
I don't do enough macro work to want to spend on an AF macro lens.
I like the focus stacking feature in my Olympus 12-40mm but don't need something as feature-rich as the 60mm. I've been using an extension tube but don't trust the cheap tube as jt itrandomly displays a black image sometimes. Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Does anyone know how fast shipping is off of Oly outlet? I never ordered anything from there before.
My notes from the sale in Feb.
Bought 2/27
Shipped 2/27 (I did not realize that they shipped the same day, so maybe the sale/bought date is a couple/few days earlier)
Delivered (Calif) 3/3

Given the current COVID situation, I would expect delays, so it could take a bit longer.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I like the focus stacking feature in my Olympus 12-40mm but don't need something as feature-rich as the 60mm. I've been using an extension tube but don't trust the cheap tube as jt itrandomly displays a black image sometimes. Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me.
WATCH tomorrow. The prices may be lower than my SWAG.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Does anyone know how fast shipping is off of Oly outlet? I never ordered anything from there before.
I live in Massachusetts. In the February sale, I ordered the 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3 (for $612) on February 27th, 2020. According to the FedEx tracking information, the lens was picked up on Saturday February 29th, 2020 (from Fort Worth, Texas) and delivered to my work facility on Tuesday March 3rd, 2020.

Of course with the virus going on, things may be different.

As far as I can tell, Texas does not seem to have closures for normal employers like some states have, but employers are supposed to just keep 'essential' employees only. Restaurants and bars are encouraged to move to take out only, and schools are closed. Of course with selling stuff, you need a lot of bodies to load the loot and ship it.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
The E-M1X still seems sort of high at $2,399.99.

I'll wait until they have a newly reconditioned 150-400mm f/4 Pro lens selling for $6,999.99. :flypig: :wink:

Last edited:

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Pen-F bock and silver both available for $559 after sale code.

e-M5 MkIII body only $767
At 10:25 am EST, the Pen-F Silver was sold out.

It is amusing that without the 20% sale price, the black/silver E-m5 mark III's w/o the 14-150mm mark II lens are $959.99 (US), while the current price for a new one is $999.00. Presumably the refurbished markdown price is from the original MSRP ($1,199.00) instead of the current street price. Without the 20% off, I would be tempted to just pay the extra $40 to get a 2 year warranty instead of 3 month warranty you get with refurbished goods.

FWIW, I had to send in my E-m1 mark I twice for extended warranty repairs, so when I bought the E-m5 mark III at my brick & mortar store last month, I added the 5 year Mack Diamond warranty to the purchase. With the current price just under $1,000, I saved $50 on the warranty.

Last edited:

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The E-M1X still seems sort of high at $2,399.99.

I'll wait until they have a newly reconditioned 150-400mm f/4 Pro lens selling for $6,999.99. :flypig:
You probably will have to wait some time to allow people to purchase the lens, and then return it, before it shows up as refurbished. That of course means Olympus has to actually ship it first.

Logic is winning over GAS so far. Does the Pen F really get me much over my E-P5?

And GAS is telling me, Hey, you could pick up a Pen F and a E-M5iii for less than the cost of a new E-M1iii. What a deal!

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
At 10:25 am EST, the Pen-F Silver was sold out.

It is amusing that without the 20% sale price, the black/silver E-m5 mark III's w/o the 14-150mm mark II lens are $959.99 (US), while the current price for a new one is $999.00. Presumably the refurbished markdown price is from the original MSRP ($1,199.00) instead of the current street price. Without the 20% off, I would be tempted to just pay the extra $40 to get a 2 year warranty instead of 3 month warranty you get with refurbished goods.

FWIW, I had to send in my E-m1 mark I twice for extended warranty repairs, so when I bought the E-m5 mark III at my brick & mortar store last month, I added the 5 year Mack Diamond warranty to the purchase. With the current price just under $1,000, I saved $50 on the warranty.
Yeah, I was tempted by the EM5.3, but once I saw where it was at after taxes, I can get a new one for about $150 more. Or I just hold out for a 9 or 9+ version to show up on B&H. The Pen-F is far more tempting, but I can’t justify it. I want something with at least the newer autofocus system and 20MP.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yeah, I was tempted by the EM5.3, but once I saw where it was at after taxes, I can get a new one for about $150 more. Or I just hold out for a 9 or 9+ version to show up on B&H. The Pen-F is far more tempting, but I can’t justify it. I want something with at least the newer autofocus system and 20MP.
Note, I believe the Pen-F does NOT have the phase detect auto focus that is in the E-m1 mark II/III, E-m1x, and E-m5 mark III (and to a lessor extent the E-m1 mark I). It does have the 20MP sensor. So if you want that auto focus and 20MP, be on the lookout for cheaper used E-m1 mark II's or E-m5 mark III's.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom