Olympus outlet summer code

sgreszcz

Mu-43 Veteran
Lame, talked to customer service but they don't care that stock disappears during the check-out process. E-P5 kits, and E-M10 kit and body only gone.

Anyone know if they ever update the stocks before the 20% coupon expires, or was that it?

zucchiniboy

Mu-43 Regular
The way I look at this, if it doesn't work out, you can sell it for a slight loss and call it a rental fee. That's how I'm approaching the 17mm.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Thanks. I'm sure I'm going to love it--I just go through this worry and indecisiveness any time I buy anything. Like right now, I'm fretting over whether it was a giant mistake to go for the silver one instead of black, haha.

Hang around this forum and we'll help you get over that.

zucchiniboy

Mu-43 Regular
Of course, nothing good is in stock and once they are done with the promotion, everything will suddenly become available

Strangely enough, a bunch of new stuff showed up as "Limited quantities available" (12-40mm, 60mm, 12mm), but as soon as you click on Add to Cart it shows out of stock. And now they're throwing 404 errors on those pages. I wonder how many were actually available?

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
It's probably a good sign that they don't have lots of refurbs. But yeah it's frustrating when you check as soon as you get the email and they are gone..or vanish from the cart.

doboy

Mu-43 Regular
Man! I checked the website as soon as I received the email, but 12-40mm and 60mm were unavailable. I would even pay full refurb price for those two :frown:

Strick

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
Just ordered a black EP-5. Got it for just about half price. Thanks for posting the link. I don't get the emails. :smile:

doboy

Mu-43 Regular
Strangely enough, a bunch of new stuff showed up as "Limited quantities available" (12-40mm, 60mm, 12mm), but as soon as you click on Add to Cart it shows out of stock. And now they're throwing 404 errors on those pages. I wonder how many were actually available?

I just saw someone on dpreview that claims to have purchased the 60mm today. Lucky him.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
For those not that experienced with these periodic sales of refurbished goods directly from the Olympus store, heads up: The good stuff always runs out quickly and he/she who hesitates is lost. Don't waste your time posting here asking "Is this a good deal?" To those who complain that the item they wanted sold out while they were in the checkout process, well, that's the way it goes. You were too late, even if only by a minute or so. Better luck next time.

So here's the solution: Even if you miss out now, determine what camera, lens or accesory you are looking for. These 20% off sales pop up at least every season. The next time it happens, order the item you want immediately. I mean immediately. Just do it because you already know what you want and about how much it should cost because you saw the price in an earlier sale. Then post here to make sure your fellow mu-43 members know about the sale.

Finally, establish a PayPal account. Notice there are more than a few people complaining that the camera or lens they were in the process of ordering was sold out while they were busy typing in their name, address and credit card number. With PayPal, it's two clicks and you're done. Fret not, this sale will be repeated in the fall - if not before then.

sgreszcz

Mu-43 Veteran
For those not that experienced with these periodic sales of refurbished goods directly from the Olympus store, heads up: The good stuff always runs out quickly and he/she who hesitates is lost. Don't waste your time posting here asking "Is this a good deal?" To those who complain that the item they wanted sold out while they were in the checkout process, well, that's the way it goes. You were too late, even if only by a minute or so. Better luck next time.

So here's the solution: Even if you miss out now, determine what camera, lens or accesory you are looking for. These 20% off sales pop up at least every season. The next time it happens, order the item you want immediately. I mean immediately. Just do it because you already know what you want and about how much it should cost because you saw the price in an earlier sale. Then post here to make sure your fellow mu-43 members know about the sale.

Finally, establish a PayPal account. Notice there are more than a few people complaining that the camera or lens they were in the process of ordering was sold out while they were busy typing in their name, address and credit card number. With PayPal, it's two clicks and you're done. Fret not, this sale will be repeated in the fall - if not before then.

Thanks for the advice. After missing out yesterday, I set everything up and snagged an ep5 kit that I had missed out on the day before.

Hopefully it ships sooner than later.

zucchiniboy

Mu-43 Regular
Just curious, did anyone here manage to get some of the hotter items like the EM1, 12mm, 60mm, 75mm, or 12-40mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

A few other notes about these sales. Quite often, during the sale period, they will add more stock. For example, many items may be out of stock on the first day but a day or two later, more items may become available. Bookmark the item you are interested in and periodically check back. Be prepared to purchase the item if its available - hesitate and you will likely lose out.

If you do complete the purchase and later get a "Olympus made a mistake" email canceling the transaction, call and speak to the person who sent you the email (the email should include their phone number) and ask if you can be put on a wait list when the item is back in stock. I was successful in getting my item when I did that.

sammykhalifa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Neil
Just got a phone call from a rep in NY (as part of a fraud check I'm sure). Sounds like it will be shipping out today! :eek:

Latest threads

Top Bottom