OLYMPUS OUTLET: Stock update + new lower prices on 12-40mm lens, TG-4 & more.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by gpburdell, Apr 20, 2017.

1. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    That's quick, the Pen-F sold out! So who else bought it for $699? Lol

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  3. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    I tried to, but it went out of stock as I was checking out :) And the EPL7 kit for $230 is gone too.

4. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    The M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f4.0-5.6 R (Silver) (Reconditioned) for only $60 is a great buy for anyone looking for a super lightweight longer zoom that is great for traveling when you don't expect to need or use one much but still would like to having something longer with you just in case.

I carry this very one with me on vacations (silver too, looks fine on my black E-M1) since my ZD 50-200 is much too big and heavy to schlep around the country.

EDIT: WELL STRIKE THE ABOVE. No sooner than I wrote the post that it was already gone.

5. Cerita

Cerita Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2017
    Toronto
    Has the Pen F ever gone on sale since it's release?

6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I believe it was $999 at it's lowest. I think it's a little overpriced compared to E-M5 II. The form factor and 20mp sensor is it's biggest selling point!

7. Lerxst

Lerxst Mu-43 Rookie

May 4, 2015
    Nice. Had a reward for $20 so I finally bit on the 12-40 pro. $506 OTD w/tax.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Cerita

Cerita Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2017
    Toronto
    Thanks! It's the form factor that is really drawing me in, it's nice to have 20 mp but I'm not fussed. I love my EM5II, and don't intend on parting with it, but for an everyday camera to put in my purse, the PEN F looks and sounds perfect.

9. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    I don't think you'll regret it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    Melissa
    An awesome lens at a jaw-dropping price. Enjoy!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sesser

sesser Zen Master Subscribing Member

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    I actually had one in my cart and was | | this close to pulling the trigger but... didn't. So, whomever got one, you're welcome. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Saledolce

Saledolce Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2017
    Italy
    Do they ship to europe? (probably customs make that pointless, but still worth knowing)

13. They even had refurbished ones at like $759.00 - but remember that the PenF has the AA filter and the EM5 II and EM1 will have noticeably more detail.

14. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Do you have any documentation of that? It has 20.4 megapixels and is less capable than older cameras?

15. Cerita

Cerita Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2017
    Toronto
    Thanks for your reply, but what is an AA filter? I have no idea, sorry too new to digital photography. The images from the Pen F will be less sharp than the EM5II?

16. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Rick
    Per Olympus: "The low pass filter-less construction of the 20 Megapixel Live MOS sensor achieves high resolution and a low sensitivity ISO LOW mode equivalent to ISO 80."

17. sesser

sesser Zen Master Subscribing Member

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    Anti-Aliasing filter ... Anti-aliasing filter - Wikipedia

I highly doubt one camera (E-M5II v Pen-F) is sharper than the other, but I have neither so I can't say empirically.

18. Panasonic has the same 'issue' as the 16Mpx AA-free GX85 is essentially a draw with the 20Mpx +AA GX8. Man that's a mess of a sentence, for anyone not in the know.. :eek-31:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. All I can tell you is what I see on my 5k imac - I shoot landscape a lot and the fine detail is very visible to me.

20. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    IMO, Pen F is overrated - cool retro looks can't make up for the mediocre specs.

"an everyday camera to put in my purse, the PEN F looks and sounds perfect" - The smaller Panasonic cameras are perfect for that. My DMC-GM1 with 12-32mm is my "point and shoot".