Olympus outlet sale

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
There was an EM-1 III body that went for $1099 with the 20 percent discount. It had my interest but I had to log on to work. The camera is gone now... and that's fine.

That was my last bit of interest that could have had me hanging onto my PRO lenses. I've been wrestling with this for a while. But I know what I'm going to do now.

Real Name
Walter
That saved my wallet.
Unfortunately, it left my wallet lighter. I decided to re-acquire a 12-40 f2.8 Pro after selling my first one when I bought the 12-100. I've been missing it, but didn't want to pay more than I sold my first one for. That made it tough because I sold it fairly low. But, the refurbed one with the sale coupon just made the threshold. :) Mike Johnston (theonlinephotographer) once recommended never selling good glass. Well, I did and ended up buying it back. Hahaha... It was out of stock by 9 am (HST), but they must have restocked because it was back on the list.

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I received my camera, and I don't know if it's the OCD, but it has tiny things that bothered. one of the dials seems to have marks and on close up it looks like dust.

The door also has white marks?

Don't know if I can exchange. Small things like that bother me. :(

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

amp

Mu-43 Veteran
I say if it operates without any problems, then it's a keeper. Cosmetic imperfections don't bother me that much.
Btw, they've extended the outlet sale for another couple days. If I just didn't pick up a small point and shoot, I might have bought an OMD em10iii/iv or even the em5iii w/the 12-45 pro. Tempting!

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I received my camera, and I don't know if it's the OCD, but it has tiny things that bothered.
Perhaps if you are that OCD, the outlet store where refurbished items are sold is not for you? These are items that have been removed from the packaging at one point and then repackages for starters. Some may have been briefly handled in a store or by a customer. Dust happens.

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Elliot
I say if it operates without any problems, then it's a keeper. Cosmetic imperfections don't bother me that much.
Btw, they've extended the outlet sale for another couple days. If I just didn't pick up a small point and shoot, I might have bought an OMD em10iii/iv or even the em5iii w/the 12-45 pro. Tempting!
This morning I saw this thread and it led to me ordering the OMD E-M10 iii for $280. It will serve as my pocketable companion with the Panasonic 20mm or 12-32mm. It is dangerous to see a title such as "Olympus outlet sale"!

Real Name
Walter
Perhaps if you are that OCD, the outlet store where refurbished items are sold is not for you? These are items that have been removed from the packaging at one point and then repackages for starters. Some may have been briefly handled in a store or by a customer. Dust happens.
Olympus does say that refurbished items may show minor cosmetic blemishes, etc. However, almost all of the items I got from their outlet have been near perfect cosmetically. The main thing is if it works! I only got one thing that was DOA, a 25 f1.8. I contacted them and they gave me the option of a return and refund, or repair. I sent it for repair, and they returned it in only one week and reimbursed my shipping. Woo hoo!

What they say: "Olympus Certified Reconditioned Product is defined as any product that has been returned by our retail partners. Once the product is returned, Olympus conducts a rigorous five-point inspection of all product functions and features to ensure that the item meets our quality standards. Your product will function identically to a brand-new Olympus product, however it is possible for a refurbished product to have a minor blemish on the surface. We support certified reconditioned products with a 90-day repair warranty and 30-day money back guarantee excluding the cost of shipping."

Last edited:

amp

Mu-43 Veteran
This morning I saw this thread and it led to me ordering the OMD E-M10 iii for $280. It will serve as my pocketable companion with the Panasonic 20mm or 12-32mm. It is dangerous to see a title such as "Olympus outlet sale"!
I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on this camera after using it a bit. I had the em10iii as my first mft camera. I liked it a lot but moved on to other mft cameras. I miss its portability. I was thinking of either the mark iii or iv as a future 2nd camera.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
I once received a camera back from repair covered in white powder and in need of some cosmetic fixing. There's no harm in bringing it to the attention of Olympus and asking if they will work on it some more. As I recall, Olympus took care of my problem quickly.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on this camera after using it a bit. I had the em10iii as my first mft camera. I liked it a lot but moved on to other mft cameras. I miss its portability. I was thinking of either the mark iii or iv as a future 2nd camera.
I have the EM1-mk2 as my primary camera, and an EM10-mk2 as my "compact" camera.
Put the 14-42EZ on it, and it is rather small and easy to carry to a dinner.

amp

Mu-43 Veteran
I once had that setup. I even 2 em10ii's at one time. Alas, I wanted to check out the higher end mft models. I just shipped my 14-42ez out a few days ago. I think at some point around spring I'll be on the lookout for a similar setup. I'm working on getting everything out of the equipment I use. A lesson I continue learn.

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I thought it was more than dust, but looks like it was just dust. It looks good now.

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Elliot
I like the camera. It is the black edition, and for $280 delivered there are no complaints. I like the processing engine and for walking around purposes, the small size with the Panasonic 12-32 (or other pancake-like lens) is perfect. Admittedly, I haven't taken too many shots yet, but it takes credible photos inside and outside.

I went for the E-M10 Mark III because it was $200 less than the Mark IV (on sale at the outlet) and the grip looks much better than the one on the Mark IV.

My 2¢, probably worth about $.02 these days.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom