Olympus Outlet Sale - USA

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
Just received an email from Olympus that they are having a one day sale of reconditioned goods. 20% off with the code SPRING20, at www.getolympus.com . Sale ends at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time on April 30th.

I am happy to report that I looked, and my GAS is under control for the moment.

Pretty odd pricing. Prices have gone up 15%-20% since the last sale?

But look at this deal! oooh ahhhh!

1619710463287.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

maf27

Mu-43 Rookie
Prices have gone up since the last sale. I have pretty much what I need. Would have preferred to get a flash but it didn't show up on the sale.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Ya to agree with the above, I got a chuckle out of the E-M1.1 and for the "R" I had to go check Amazon to see if their prices went up as well, because you can usually get that one brand new for $99, but Amazon now has them for $200. E-Gads!

While I have no desire for one, the 12-45 PRO looks like a nice deal for someone who doesn't yet have any of the PRO lenses and wants to give it a try.

Dogbert62

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
Wow.. Your not a kiddin’..... prices are up. I’m glad i hedged my bets at the end of last year and bought backups of my most used stuff..

The price for the 100-400mm was removed from their website for a while which made me wonder if that price would go up. It is back at old price but... it wouldn’t surprise me if it goes up a 100 bucks down the road...

Dogbert62

Real Name
Walter
Pretty odd pricing. Prices have gone up 15%-20% since the last sale?

Yes, I noticed that. The refurbed prices today were higher than they were just a few weeks ago. Seems like they raised the refurb prices to coincide with the discount coupon. For example, the refurbed EM1X was selling for $1,919 and it was about $100 more than it was just a couple of weeks ago. If it wasn't for the 20% coupon, I wouldn't even have looked at it. Digital River is now handling sales transactions. I wondered if they bumped up the prices to get their cut of the action? :-O

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
I remember the warning that prices would rise, but some of these raises on refurbished gear are stunning. Inventory seemed a lot higher than usual, too. Took all the FOMO away.

Well, almost all of it. I keep thinking about the 8mm f/1.8 fisheye, and the refurb price still seems virtually unbeatable. On paper, my cheap Samyang is better. But AF and f/1.8... 🤤

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
For reference: I bought my 45/1.8 from the refurb store when it was still Olympus. Back then $280 usd, now $320! So a 14% bump in price. So looks like all the prices were shifted the same way, this 20% off sale is really a 6% off sale.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom