Olympus Outlet sale 20% off Refurbished using coupon "SUMMER20"

Well, I called and the price I paid was a mistake. So they made the adjustment. So I got the refurbed 12-200 for $576 plus tax. An even better deal. :2thumbs:
That is an amazing deal. I didn't think the $899 with 20% off ($720) was that great a deal. I would have bought one at the $576 price.

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
By the way... in case not everyone is aware of online cashback sites. I ordered via topcashback.com and currently 18$ (3%) on an order of 599.99 $ excl. tax are pending. It usually takes a long time until everything is approved and ready to pay out, but it is basically free money. Usually I try to use a different browser or delete all cookies before ordering to make sure the order is tracked properly. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but I do not base my buying decision on the cashback anyways. If it works nice, if not... that's ok, too :)

Cashbacks are possible on a lot of tech sites, like adorama, focus, keh, olympus, etc... If anyone is interested I can send a referral link via PM as well, but I won't post anything in this thread.

Yes, I've bought the TG-5 and E-m10 mark II last year, the TG-860 3 years ago, and the E-m5 mark I 5 years ago, and they had all of the accessories (battery, charger, software CD, strap, instruction booklet, etc.). Note, the box is different, and says 'refurbished' on it.

Ooooo! I was looking forward to that gothic font
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Eh, the only thing I have been interested in a while was the 12-100mm. I don't need them tempting me constantly. I am usually better off being too late and having everything sold out already. ;)
My new-to-me 12-100 PRO arrived today. Yay! First observations having only shot literally 9 test shots on it.

1. As has been my experience with their refurb products (this is my third) the lens arrived in pristine brand new looking condition.
2. This is my first Oly Pro lens (I sold my Panasonic 12-35/2.8 to fund this one) and man is it pur-dee!
3. I didn't realize this one has the manual focus clutch so that is a nice surprise. My only other with this is the Oly 17/1.8.
4. Zoom ring is a bit stiff, much stiffer than the Panny I sold off or my Oly 12-60 SWD and ZD 50-200 lenses. Wonder if it will loosen up a bit?
5. LOVE the locking lens hood. Hope this one is more durable that I have heard about the 12-40 PRO one falling apart.
6. I forgot these lenses come with a programmable function button them so now to figure out what to use it for.

One of my shots has me a tiny bit worried, well worried is the wrong word. Rather it is driving a need to do a quick test later with a more controlled shot to verify operator error. That one shot almost appeared to front focus a bit, but thinking about it more I think I might have pulled the camera a bit right while shooting hand held at 1/5th a second so while the focus was dead center of the frame when I half pressed, I think at full press I may have pulled the focus point right so the center and left of the shot are out of focus and right is in focus. This was a shot of my CD rack from across the room at an angle so the left side of the rack was further away and the right closer to me.

Anyway, other than needing to verify my poor operator skills with another angled test shot, I am thrilled with the purchase.

ac12

Mu-43 All-Pro
My new-to-me 12-100 PRO arrived today. Yay! First observations having only shot literally 9 test shots on it.

3. I didn't realize this one has the manual focus clutch so that is a nice surprise. My only other with this is the Oly 17/1.8.
4. Zoom ring is a bit stiff, much stiffer than the Panny I sold off or my Oly 12-60 SWD and ZD 50-200 lenses. Wonder if it will loosen up a bit?
5. LOVE the locking lens hood. Hope this one is more durable that I have heard about the 12-40 PRO one falling apart.
#3 - Watch the clutch, I have had several times when the camera would not AF, because I "somehow" moved the clutch ring to MF :mad: I am almost ready to disable the clutch ring.
#4 - Doubt it. Mine is stiff also. The 12-40 and 12-100 both have relatively stiff zoom rings. But so far most of the extending zooms that I have used have relatively stiff zoom rings, this includes DX/APS-C and FF lenses. My only light extending zoom is the P-Lumix 12-60 :) wonderful.
#5 - Mine has lasted me about 6 months of use w/o self destructing. And I am the 2nd owner.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
#3 - Watch the clutch, I have had several times when the camera would not AF, because I "somehow" moved the clutch ring to MF :mad: I am almost ready to disable the clutch ring.
#4 - Doubt it. Mine is stiff also. The 12-40 and 12-100 both have relatively stiff zoom rings. But so far most of the extending zooms that I have used have relatively stiff zoom rings, this includes DX/APS-C and FF lenses. My only light extending zoom is the P-Lumix 12-60 :) wonderful.
#3 - ya only my 17/1.8 has that feature and it is kind of too small to easily knock the ring back. However on my E-M1 I have the little lever on the back set so that flipping it down puts the camera into MF mode. That is usually the one for me that accidentally changes position from time to time. Fortunately the MF setting is one I somehow am easily able to identify quickly (I don't immediately go into "oh no, my camera is broken" mode :rolleyes-38: ).

#4 - at least the stiffer zoom as well as the lighter weight will probably result in having the lens not fully extending to 100mm when walking around with it like my ZD 50-200 does (I have to keep a band on it to keep the lens from creeping out when not actively shooting).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Thanks MU-43 & Olympus!
50% savings over original msrp and this pen-f looks new!
Shutter count is 326.
Now to put it thru some paces...

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
Wow, I wish I'd been to the point of being ready while this was going on but I've only been a 4/3's guy for a couple of days now. I signed up for the text alerts so next time I'll know. Hopefully it won't be too long until then.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Olympus has these outlet deals fairly regularly. It seems to be the luck of the draw what's available during them, however.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom