Olympus Outlet Sale 10AM ET Feb 27

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yesterday I noticed that the outlet store had nothing for sale, but a few days before it had a lot of stock. I imagine that the lenses/cameras/etc that were there earlier will reappear (hopefully during the sale).

Though I've noticed in the past, that Olympus seems to limit the gear in the store during the sale, and after the sale all of the normal gear is back. I don't remember the details, but I don't think the cheaper gear (i.e. the 17mm f/1.7 lens, the 12-50mmf/3.5-6.3 lens, the 40-150mm f/4-5.6 lens) was offered during the sale. On the big ticket items were offered.

And of course, the quantities are limited. I was trying to buy a FL-600R in the past, and it was sold before I could get it in my cart.

I have been toying with getting the 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3 lens as a companion to my E-m5 mark III.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I think the last time they dribbled the gear out over many hours, rather than all at once.
So you had to constantly check the site to see if the gear you want got listed later in the sale, rather that right at opening.
So 'who knows' what they will do this time.

Yesterday I noticed that the outlet store had nothing for sale, but a few days before it had a lot of stock. I imagine that the lenses/cameras/etc that were there earlier will reappear (hopefully during the sale).

Though I've noticed in the past, that Olympus seems to limit the gear in the store during the sale, and after the sale all of the normal gear is back. I don't remember the details, but I don't think the cheaper gear (i.e. the 17mm f/1.7 lens, the 12-50mmf/3.5-6.3 lens, the 40-150mm f/4-5.6 lens) was offered during the sale. On the big ticket items were offered.

And of course, the quantities are limited. I was trying to buy a FL-600R in the past, and it was sold before I could get it in my cart.

I have been toying with getting the 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3 lens as a companion to my E-m5 mark III.

Olympus had the refurb 40-150mm f/4-5.6 lens last time (Sept. 10, 2019). I know because I bought one.
They periodically refresh stock during these sales so the best strategy is to bookmark the product you are interested in and check back often.

shreebles

Mu-43 Regular
Unfortunate that they don't ship worldwide. We here in Europe don't get any good refurb deals from Olympus directly. We do get sales and free lenses but I would love me a refurb Pen-F or E-M5 iii directly from the manufacturer with a good discount.

EDIT: nevermind, we do get refurb sales, but it's eBay, no E-M5 iii here and just a single Pen-F, which will no doubt go for an insane price because it's eBay.
https://www.ebay.de/sch/olympusmarket/m.html?_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A5019&_sop=10

Last edited:

WT21

Super Moderator
OK, I started refreshing 10 mins early (since it said "approx 10am") and it's now 34 mins past. I'm done waiting. Hope they get the code working before the sale expires!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom