Olympus Outlet Restock Notice

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Gidget, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Gidget

Gidget Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Leah Hallett
  2. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Yikes, the silver Pen-F is only $100 more than the E-M5 II now. And, E-M1 II's are in stock at $1,700.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    The E-M5 II in someways is better than the Pen-F with mic output and larger EVF. The only thing that really separates them is the sensor. :)

4. thenextpage

thenextpage Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2014
    Waiting for a 25 1.2 to show up reconditioned

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Eric43

Eric43 Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 3, 2017
    SF
    The E-M10 MARK II looks tempting as a 2nd body (and to give an Olympus body a try). Looking at the thread for the last sale it looks like it wasn't part of the sale.
    Does any body know if it ever goes below $299?

6. sesser

sesser Zen Master Subscribing Member

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    And weather sealing on the E-M5 II. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. sesser

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    $300 is a pretty good deal IMO. I paid that for a Mk I on eBay a year ago. I was considering an upgrade as well. Would be nice to have a better EVF, 5-axis IBIS and an electronic shutter... touch pad AF seems handy too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Eric43

Eric43 Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 3, 2017
    SF
    It sure is a good deal, I'd just hate to see it drop to $210 in the next few months during one of the outlet sales... especially when I don't really need it.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Only $50 more for the black F. The steal is the EM10 II for $299. Unless a coupon code appears, $299 is as low as it gets.

10. RAH

RAH Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 1, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Rich
    I don't know if it ever goes below $300, but I bought one myself about a week ago for $300 as an upgrade to m MarkI. I do think it's a good deal. Fyi - you get a charger and battery with these refurbs, which pleasantly surprised me. It looks brand new too.

11. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Yes all their reconditioned products I believe come with all the original accessories you would normally get with the new one. Also they all come with a 90-day repair warranty and 30-day money back guarantee and I believe reconditioned products are eligible for extended warranties through Oly. You just have to make sure you buy the extended warranty within the 90 day repair warranty of the refurb product.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. RAH

Dec 1, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Rich
    Yes, I have read that is true about buying an extended warranty, but it is good info what you added about needing to buy it within the original 90 day period. It makes sense, of course, but I had wondered about it. As far as buyinh an extended warranty, I decided not to purchase one. Anyone have any thoughts on this? It's $100 for 2 additional years. Kind of tempting...

13. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    It's $85 over at B&H, just as an FYI.

And I bought one for my E-M1 II, but then again you'd be crazy not to for a $2k camera. It may be a bit different for $300 E-M10 II.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Ya on that, I think (I will have to go check again) that if you read the specific wording of those extended warranties, that it is actually only ONE additional year on top of your normal one year warranty (for new products). So for a refurb it might be 1 year and 90 days total. Or maybe I am thinking of Apple warranties. Confused now but will see if I can find it again.

EDIT: Nope I was wrong. According to the fine print (emphasis mine)...
    "Coverage against defects in materials or workmanship for two years beyond the original manufacturer's warranty period."

For whatever it is worth, I bought my E-M1 refurbed. It did develop a problem beyond the 90 day window and I had to pay to have it repaired. Had I bought the extended warranty it would have been covered. But the cost I paid for the refurb (minus 20% coupon sale) + the repair cost was still well below what that model was selling for new. So I still got a good deal on it I believe. If I was to do it again I would still skip the extended warranty I think.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Regarding the extended warranty:

"Make sure your OM-D-series digital camera is protected with this 2-Year Extended Limited Warranty from Olympus. This warranty extends the standard warranty by another two years for a total of three years of coverage. It covers defects in materials and workmanship and includes one free camera checkup and cleaning during the warranty period."

So the coverage is for an additional 2 years, which means 3 years of coverage on a new camera, or 2 years 3 months on a refurbished camera. One nice thing about the warranty as well is the one free camera check & cleaning. Ideally, one would want to use this just prior to the warranty expiring, so make sure everything is good to go and clean before the warranty runs out (that is unless something happens earlier in the ownership that needs to be addressed).

For $85, it's a no-brainer IMO for cameras that have well document construction issues like the E-M1 (strap lugs, rear dial, EVF burn, delaminating rubber grip) or E-M5 II (on/off switch failing).

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RAH

Dec 1, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Rich
    I agree. Does the E-M10II have any well-documented construction issues? I don't think I've heard of any. Decisions, decisions...

17. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Sure, the price will drop 20 percent (which would actually make it about $240) during one of Oly's periodic sales. But good luck being one of those who actually snag one before they're sold out. $299 is still a good deal. If you really want the camera, I say buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Not that I'm aware of.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. sesser

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    I could only find this, but seems like they have addressed the issue: http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/E-M10 Mark II_Announcement_091015.pdf

Other than that, nothing that has swept the internet forums. But, if one REALLY wanted to find something, one only need two occurrences to create a conspiracy theory. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    The 9-18mm refurb is $399. This is an excellent ultrawide and a bargain at this price. Not as fast as the 7-14mm f2.8 but it is MUCH more compact and less than half the price.