1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus out and about

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rfortson, Mar 20, 2014.

1. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

I've been out shooting with my new E-P5 and I've noticed a couple of OM-D's out there, which is rare for me. I was at the Battleship Texas last weekend and there was a guy with I think an E-M10. Couldn't tell about the lens. Then, at the rodeo, saw another guy with an OM-D but couldn't tell which one. Still, nice to see them out in the wild.

What about you? Have you seen Olympus in the wild?

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    The wife and I had out E-M1s out yesterday and will do so again today.

3. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    No and our local camera store (Central VA, USA) doesn't carry any micro 4/3 cameras. Just discovered a new photo group on Facebook for our city (Lynchburg) with over 200 members and, so far, no one has responded to my question as to whether anyone was shooting m4/3. So, rare in my neck of the woods!

4. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
    I was at Longwood Gardens (a large botanical garden near here) last weekend, and saw a number of other people using mirrorless systems, although I wasn't quite sure what some of them were. I think I saw a couple of Fujis, but I'm not quite sure. I think there was at least one other m43 user there.

Of course, the majority of people were still using Canon or Nikon DSLRs or their phones. Not too many digital P&S cameras that I saw.