1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus OMD VS Fuji X-Pro 1

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Plummy, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Plummy

Plummy New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2013
    New York :)
    so me and the fiance started to make a competition against each other in terms of shooting photos in different categories and such. He has the Fuji X-Pro 1 and i have the Olympus OMD. this is a thread we put in our photography website where we let the people vote on who takes the better shots, enjoy! :drinks: this is all for fun!

so far im winning LOL :] majority of the votes were from fuji forum too hehe!

please cast ur votes! haha!
    Duel #1: Main St Flushing Street Shooting -Nightime — BokehDreams

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    You know.... the 12" behind the camera.

3. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    The E-M5 is hard to beat. Probably the best camera I've ever owned.

4. curiouspeter

curiouspeter New to Mu-43

Apr 10, 2013
    I rented both to try out. The OM-D was a joy to use. The X-pro1 was quirky. But it was a pleasant kind of quirkiness.

In low light, I rather have f/1.8 and stabilized.

5. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    I voted for you, not because of the camera, I just liked your photos better!!

P.

6. migs

migs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2012
    RVA
    really can't lose with either. that being said, my vote is going to the fuji.

7. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Another vote for you - because you used the 25mm :)

8. asterinex

asterinex Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2012
    Thx for the great comparison. For me it is a draw:)

9. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Your pictures are IMO generally better, but that is nothing to do with the cameras, it's all down to YOU! He's certainly not a bad photographer and the important thing is that you both have fun sharing a hobby that you both enjoy. Good on the pair of you! :biggrin:

10. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    +1, several of your pictures looked better to me but not because of the camera.

11. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    Agree.. and your pics get my vote

12. Plummy

Plummy New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2013
    wowwwww!!!!! thanks everyone! :D thank you for the votes on either side. this certainly is a fun thing that we did! hehe! the fiance is very much SHOCKED that i got so many votes! haha! he said hes going to "get me" when we head out to Times Square this Sunday to have another photo competition. it's going to be harder to take pictures here esp. when theres so many tourists taking pictures and just so crowded on a weekend. wish me luck!

thank you again for all the replies! so fun! :dance3:

13. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    New York is a great city to be shooting in. I find that touristy places are sometimes easier to be a photographer because almost nobody looks twice at you. Have fun!

14. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I voted for you as well. I like your composition better for most of your shots.

15. Plummy

Plummy New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2013
    thanks! we sure did get a lot of looks in this challenge! haha! there were so many people with canon cameras out there too :popcorm2:

16. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    I am late to this thread, but I just voted for you because I like the composition of your shots better in general, and find some of your shots to have more interesting perspectives. I also like the exposure on some of your shots better...

17. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm interested in which camera you both prefer and why? It's nice you both have the opportunity to use both cameras, but do you prefer one to the other?

18. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Others have already pointed this out but your shots are in general better composed. :) so I voted for you. It's really not the camera. :p