Olympus OMD EM10 for $454.99 (no warranty)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by mw6sense, Apr 22, 2015.

1. mw6sense

mw6sense Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    patrick cheung
  2. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

Here's a listing for refurb E-M10s including 8GB SD card and 90-day warranty from an authorized Olympus dealer in Texas for $399 plus $12 shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLYMPUS-OM-...102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae88da9f6

I was very satisfied with the refurb E-PL2 I got two years ago from Olympusguy. The E-M10 listing is from Olympusgal in the same town. I e-mailed her to find out the connection. Here's the response:

"Hi! Yes, he has turned the business over to me and is helping me to get going on EBAY. I used to help him so I know the business basics. Now I'm running the show! Thank you for inquiring. Hope we can be of assistance to you in the future. Carol - the OLYMPUS Gal."

Brian

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. mw6sense

mw6sense Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    patrick cheung
    Acutally, my e-pl5 is a refurbished too and it works great but I want to know people's preference of refurbished and used cameras/lens over the "grey" market ones.

4. dissembled

dissembled Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2013
    NJ
    A. Quia
    I would definitely pounce on that deal if the body is silver. Silver or nothing, baby.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  5. dissembled

dissembled Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2013
    NJ
    A. Quia
    Do all officially refurbished cameras appear as new or is there always the chance that one can obtain a scratched up camera instead? I have OCD and absolutely DETEST scratches of any kind.

6. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Better go new. I've always got like new refurbished, but if any slight imperfection is going to be a huge problem, new is the way to go.

7. dissembled

dissembled Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2013
    NJ
    A. Quia
    Thanks for the reply.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/oima_store_reconditioned.asp:

"Olympus Certified Reconditioned Product is defined as any product that has been returned by our retail partners. Once the product is returned, Olympus conducts a rigorous five-point inspection of all product functions and features to ensure that the item meets our quality standards. Your product will function identically to a brand-new Olympus product, however it is possible for a refurbished product to have a minor blemish on the surface. We support certified reconditioned products with a 90-day repair warranty and 30-day money back guarantee excluding the cost of shipping."

New it is then.

8. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    I have bought several items from that seller before. The items carry an Olympus warranty - I had to use it for one item and Olympus honored the warranty. Every single item appeared brand new. I wouldn't hesitate - no scratches on any of the items I bought - check the pictures!

9. dissembled

dissembled Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2013
    NJ
    A. Quia
    I recently purchased a 'new' E-M10 from Cardinal Camera via Amazon for only $400! They simply took the kit lens out of the box but everything in the box was new. Because the box was opened, they listed the product as like new. Mine came with a worldwide warranty. What a steal.

10. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
  11. Desert_B

Desert_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2013
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    I went for this deal. Have never bought refurb before; have never bought camera stuff on ebay before. So, I'm a bit nervous. Crossing my fingers.

12. jpig

jpig Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2011
    I also got an E-M10 from Olympusgal. I ordered it on a Wed night and it arrived on a Sat. It came in a sealed Olympus refurbished box with warranty paperwork. The camera works fine and looks like new. Not a scratch on it or any other sign of use. It had 3300 shutter actuations, but it doesn't look like it's seen even 10% of that use.

13. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    Olympus started a new $150 instant rebate on the E-M10 body/$200 rebate on the kit starting today, making it $450 body/$500 for the 14-42mm kit. Plus at Adorama it looks like you can double-dip on the lens bundle rebates - for example you can add the 40-150mm R for only $19 more, or the 60mm macro for $300, plus get 4% rewards. At those prices, might as well buy new.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jpig

jpig Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2011
    Agreed. If I had known in advance that this deal was coming, I would have waited and bought new for a little bit more than I paid for the refurb. It would have been like paying an extra $40 to extend the warranty from 90 days to 1 year. But I'm not unhappy with the deal I got on the refurb.

15. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Wow, at $450 brand new, the E-M10 is probably the best bang-for-buck featured Olympus camera!

16. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

17. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    That's interesting. Best Buy's weekly add featured cameras, but was all Canon, Nikon, Sony. No mention of Olympus at all. Too bad, you'd think this deserves a small mention since they do have E-M5 and 10 on display at the store.

18. BAPHA

BAPHA Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    If you'd like to purchase from BB, I think they do price match on most items, Amazon's price would certainly qualify for it.

19. 808N8

808N8 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2015
    Hawaii
    Just wanted to throw-in another positive review for eBay seller OLYMPUS Gal. :thumbsup: I jumped on the E-M10 deal the other week. Fast, smooth transaction, good communication, fast shipping (Texas to Hawaii in 3 days). Sealed Olympus refurbished packaging, no scratches on the body at all, and had approx. 1700ish shutter actuations. She also threw in an Olympus E series camera bag for free (I'm pretty sure it wasn't mentioned in the eBay listing). While the bag is older it is in great shape, and though I don't have plans to use it -- I still take it as added value.

I would've preferred to buy new with the price drop that came this week (basically $50 more). But similarly to jpig above :thiagree: , I'm not unhappy with the deal that I got.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 808N8

808N8 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2015
    Hawaii
    • Like Like x 1