1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus OMD EM1 Pre Order Status

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Greenmanrob, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Greenmanrob

Greenmanrob Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 21, 2013
    Hello everyone. I'm about to be new to the u43 world. Only thing is I'm waiting for my camera body! What date have you pre-ordered and from what site? I went through B&H and ordered September 11 around 5pm. Has anyone heard any promising news on shipments. I am disappointed with all the hype of this new camera with no inventory to back the unit up.

2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Welcome to the forum. Hype and backorders are not uncommon with new models. Models are becoming available, and you could ask in the B&H forum if they have a revised ETA for you.

Enjoy!

--Ken

3. cd23murray

cd23murray Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    North Carolina
    interesting

/
    I ordered from bh on 9/10 midday and I got mine 10/11. My guess is you just missed the cutoff with the first shipments. I would guess within the next shipment or two you will get yours. Sorry but at least they have shipped some.

4. Ccasey

Ccasey Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Chris
    I just called Olympus today and was told that if I ordered today I'd probably have the camera in early November. The rep said they were expecting a very large shipment soon that should cover all of the preorders. Now, keep in mind this is Olympus, not B&H, so I don't know if it helps you or not. I have an order at B&H, too, though mine was just placed last week.

-Chris

5. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I've heard this story already 2 times before along the last month waiting. I finally gave up and cancelled. I only have so much patience.

6. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Not sure where you live, but try your local camera shop - you never know.

7. Greenmanrob

Greenmanrob Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 21, 2013
    thanks for the information. I have not heard anything from bh yet. I would like to go to a local camera store but, dodd camera does not sell Olympus in the store. So I am kind of stuck at the moment with an online pre order.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Mu-43 mobile app

8. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    There are NO dealers in Utah planning to have a EM1 prior to mid or late November at the earliest. I contacted a dealer in Colorado that said they were expecting a shipment of 30 cameras not all of which were spoken for. We'll see if they call me. I'm not holding my breath or even really thinking about it much. The dealer I preordered and cancelled from was the same one I got a EM5 from nearly a month before most others had it. Thought I was hedging my best right, I was wrong. They told me week after week "next week".....not gonna fall for that....

9. Boira

Boira Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 12, 2013
    Barcelona
    I ordered directly from the Olympus online shop (EM-1 body only) and received an email some days ago saying that shipment will be due by the 1st week of November.

10. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    Try Berger Bros. in Long Island, NY. They had some in as of yesterday. They are a great local dealer here.

11. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I called around and Willoughby's had just gotten ONE in, so I nailed it down and receive it tomorrow. The lens is another story. Dealers are not expected to have any till sometime late Nov to early December. So I ordered it from the Olympus store and they told me they begin shipping the lens the last week of October and will have all pre orders shipping out by the 2nd week of November. I ordered one...

12. Greenmanrob

Greenmanrob Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 21, 2013
    Thanks

Called them and supposedly got the last one from them. So I bought it! Thanks for the heads up.

13. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    Great. Glad to help.
    Rich

14. Dsidote

Dsidote Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 22, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Dave
    Cameraworld (Ritz) has the EM-1 in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ccasey

Ccasey Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Chris
    Thanks fellow Austin-ite! Ordered.

-Chris

16. Dsidote

Dsidote Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 22, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Dave
    Excellent! Me too. I tried to get one from Precision Camera but they couldn't give me any useful information regarding how many they get or where I am on their list. Of course they will probably call me today now that I ordered one from somewhere else.

17. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I probably would have gotten my B&H preorder filled in a few days, but dangit, I'm getting impatient. Cameraworld just got my order. Thanks Dsidote.

18. Dsidote

Dsidote Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 22, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Dave
    Happy to help. Did you get a confirmation email from them yet? I haven't received mine and I'm going to call them when they open.

19. Ccasey

Ccasey Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Chris
    It took a little while for my confirmation to show up, but I had it about two hours after ordering.

20. JustinZ850

JustinZ850 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 25, 2013
    Florida Panhandle
    Justin
    Put an order in with cameraworld yesterday, confirmation says in stock and reserved. So I hope that means one is reserved for me and it will ship today lol.