1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus OMD E-M5 with 14-42mm II R kit lens for $499.95 at BHPHOTOVIDEO

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by mw6sense, Apr 28, 2015.

1. mw6sense

mw6sense Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    patrick cheung
    • Like Like x 1
  2. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Firesale!
    Great deal, especially on Elite edition.
    I wonder if my EM1 will be same price after a year...

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    As someone who tends to stay a generation or two behind the "cutting edge", I sure hope to see a similar pattern in E-M1 prices at some point. I expect it to occur a couple of months after the E-M1 ii (or whatever the next "flagship" is called) is released.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. cnyap

cnyap Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2015
    There are so many m43rds bodies, I truthfully don't know one from the other yet!

5. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Yeah, I agree that the breadth of options can be overwhelming. There have been 36 Micro Four Thirds bodies released to date (not counting the LX100 which has a 4/3 sensor) and we may reach 40 by the end of the year.

I've created a spreadsheet to try to keep track of the feature differences among all of the bodies in system. You can check it out here.

6. mw6sense

mw6sense Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    patrick cheung
    It's good that this site mainly focuses on micro 4/3 bodies. If you factor in the other mirrorless bodies like SONY, FUJI, SAMSUNG, NIKON, and CANON, you will even be more confused. I was tempted to look at the other mirrorless bodies but I think I am sticking to the micro 4/3 for my need.

7. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's a good price. In fact I think it's worth it for the IBIS alone. I found with the 5 axis IBIS, I could shoot at slower shutter speeds below 1/10th. With the E-M10 3 axis IBIS, I found 1/10th was the lowest I could go handheld.

• Like Like x 1
  8. teacher447

teacher447 Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2015
    I was going to buy a E-1, but instead I took advantage of this deal at B&H. Unfortunately I have to pay NYC sales tax, so paid $544. I may buy a E-1 as a second body when a new E-1MII comes out

9. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Good choice! The E-M5 is a great camera.

Staying one generation back is a great way to save a ton of money without sacrificing much at all. You get to use all the same cameras, just a year or two after the early adopters! :)

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome:

10. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    No wireless for this right? I really want wireless as a feature but this might be too good to pay up.

11. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Correct. The E-M5 lacks WiFi capability, although you can use Eyefi or Toshiba Flashair SD cards to transfer images wirelessly, although these don't allow any control functionality.