1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus OMD E-M5 with 14-42mm II R kit lens for $499.95 at BHPHOTOVIDEO

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by mw6sense, Apr 28, 2015.

1. mw6sense

mw6sense Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    patrick cheung
    • Like Like x 1
  2. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Firesale!
    Great deal, especially on Elite edition.
    I wonder if my EM1 will be same price after a year...

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    As someone who tends to stay a generation or two behind the "cutting edge", I sure hope to see a similar pattern in E-M1 prices at some point. I expect it to occur a couple of months after the E-M1 ii (or whatever the next "flagship" is called) is released.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. cnyap

cnyap Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2015
    There are so many m43rds bodies, I truthfully don't know one from the other yet!

5. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Yeah, I agree that the breadth of options can be overwhelming. There have been 36 Micro Four Thirds bodies released to date (not counting the LX100 which has a 4/3 sensor) and we may reach 40 by the end of the year.

I've created a spreadsheet to try to keep track of the feature differences among all of the bodies in system. You can check it out here.

6. mw6sense

mw6sense Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    patrick cheung
    It's good that this site mainly focuses on micro 4/3 bodies. If you factor in the other mirrorless bodies like SONY, FUJI, SAMSUNG, NIKON, and CANON, you will even be more confused. I was tempted to look at the other mirrorless bodies but I think I am sticking to the micro 4/3 for my need.

7. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    It's a good price. In fact I think it's worth it for the IBIS alone. I found with the 5 axis IBIS, I could shoot at slower shutter speeds below 1/10th. With the E-M10 3 axis IBIS, I found 1/10th was the lowest I could go handheld.

• Like Like x 1
  8. teacher447

teacher447 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2015
    I was going to buy a E-1, but instead I took advantage of this deal at B&H. Unfortunately I have to pay NYC sales tax, so paid $544. I may buy a E-1 as a second body when a new E-1MII comes out

9. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

Good choice! The E-M5 is a great camera.

Staying one generation back is a great way to save a ton of money without sacrificing much at all. You get to use all the same cameras, just a year or two after the early adopters! :) 

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome:

10. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    No wireless for this right? I really want wireless as a feature but this might be too good to pay up.

11. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Correct. The E-M5 lacks WiFi capability, although you can use Eyefi or Toshiba Flashair SD cards to transfer images wirelessly, although these don't allow any control functionality.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.