1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus OM_D first Studio Shoot

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jgharold, Sep 20, 2012.

1. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    I though I would share my first studio shoot with my OM-D with you. As a new member feedback would be great so I get to know my around this forum and how it works. It would also be great to hear from other members that have had experience with the OM-D in a studio. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steph

Steph Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Martinique
    Stephane
    Great write up & pictures.
    I use my OMD with 2 Einstein strobes and i really like the results.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi
    James.I have no doubt of capability of MFT cameras and specially OMD with such a fantastic low light performance and DR. I loved ur all studio shots and kid photos. Did u use any lighting/flash for ur kids pics ?
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

4. btango05

btango05 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Lathrop CA
    Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing!

I've been thinking about getting into strobist photography and I've been looking at Yongnuo speedlights and Cowboy Studio wireless trans/receivers. Does anyone have experience with these products and the EM-5?

5. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    Hi, except my last blog entry all photos on my site were taken without flash. I only bought the FL-600r to add a different feel to my photography. The OM-D is fantastic in low light and has great dynamic range. I love it.

6. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    In my shoot I had the grip on mine with 2nd Olympus branded battery, and I was able to get 1600 shots in a couple of hours, and the batteries were still going strong.

7. brokken

brokken Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2012
    Good write up. Especially the part where you talk about the look of disbelief in the other photographers faces and their questioning why they were carrying all the big equipment around. :)

8. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    Thanks for your response. I see you use the penny 12-35. Is it worth the hefty price tag? Anything you don't like?