Olympus OM-D EM5: annoying metadata

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by photosbysergio, Jul 19, 2013.

1. photosbysergio

photosbysergio New to Mu-43

May 15, 2013
    Morristown, NJ (USA)
    Sergio Burani
    When I import my OMD EM5 images into Lightroom, the program automatically inserts an annoying "OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA" into the Caption field of the file's metadata. While this "annoying caption" is easy to remove with a batch action, I find this a waste of time and would like to prevent this annoyance from happening. Does anyone have a suggestion for me and for all Olympus users?
  2. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Good question - same thing happens when uploading to Flickr. The filename becomes the image name, and "OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA" becomes the description. Easy to fix, but annoying.
  3. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    It's the camera that inserts the annoying text in the caption field. They (Olympus) do that in every fourthirds and micro fourthirds camera model. You can make a preset in Lightroom with an empty caption field and apply it when importing your images.
  4. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    What Henk said. I apply my own preset that has my copyright information and removes the Olympus stuff. And I a gree its a PITA. Olympus need to pay me if I'm going to provide them free advertising with every shot I take.

5. Brucebrad

Brucebrad Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 14, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Can I use this to automatically change both the lightroom (v4) and internal JPG 'caption' fields to blank when I import files to lightroom?