1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus OM-D E-M5 w/ 12mm - 50mm Lens - $899

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by GKTodd, Apr 11, 2014.

1. GKTodd

GKTodd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 22, 2012
    U.S.
    Available on Rakuten.com

LINK

use code OLYMPUS7 for $63 back in rakuten cash

This seems like a great deal, normally $1299 for the package!

2. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Seems like a good price for a new one with lens.

3. mpg01

mpg01 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    Shipped by Sunset Electronics. I don't see a lot of good reviews about them. Just saying. Although the Amazon rating looks good.

4. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    I got my GF3 from Sunset and Rasputin, no issues, delivered quickly.

5. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The last word on the subject is the authorized dealer list:
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/AuthorizedOlympusRetailers.pdf

If it's not there, then you're buying gray market. No difference than buying it from a random ebay seller as "new." Plus, typing Sunset Electronics, either alone or with any other search terms, into google brings up enough horror stories that I'd buy used from Craigslist before dealing with an outfit like that. Missing parts, bait and switch, etc. NO thanks!

6. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    I agree with Schnitz. With merchants, it's when things go wrong that you want to be dealing with a reputable shop that's also an authorized dealer. This outfit gets an F from the BBB: http://www.bbb.org/NYC/Business-Rev...lers/sunset-electronics-in-brooklyn-ny-120255

When you're sending $900 sight unseen to a merchant you've never dealt with before, you'll want to be sure that they have a pristine reputation. There are way too many dodgy electronics stores, particularly in the NYC area. I used to walk by them every day on my way to work, and could tell they dealt in gray market goods. B&H or Adorama was always more expensive, but it was worth the peace of mind to shop there.